Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Welcome to no response

Apr 13th 2014 new
I have been on CM for a long time, I just decided again to subscribe; it has done absolutely no good. I still have received no response from any of the "gentlemen?" I have contacted, by emoti; message or any other means of "hi it's me"...I am on no other site. This is a terrible waste of time. As soon as this ends I will not renew.
Apr 13th 2014 new
Hi Katherine,
Welcome to the forums and I am sorry about your experiences, sometimes when people think someone is too far or not a good match they will sometimes not say anything instead of replying. . I think sometimes people might not be paid members or may not check their messages all the time. I hope while you are here you might participate in these chat forums they are fun and there are lots of nice people here. i have had a couple people view my profile or message me after posting in the chat. It certainly does not happen all the time but sometimes a message you post might spark some gentleman's interest.

I've been thinking about going to one of the events like i think there is a retreat in PA, something in MN and a bigger get together in San Diego this year. It can be hard to connect online and I was thinking maybe seeing people in person makes it easier to get to know them. I haven't checked the events thread in a while but maybe there is something closer to you.

Anyway hope you have a good day.
Amber
Apr 13th 2014 new
When I grew up in Bowie, I was raised by my parents to always wave hello the neighbors in the neighborhood, and they always waved back. To this day I can visit my parents and as I pull up the street wave to and receive a wave back from anyone on that street. None of those people lived there when I grew up, yet they are still as friendly as the neighbors years ago when I was growing up.

About 6 years ago, I moved back into Bowie, but a different section - about 3 miles away from my parent's house. From day one I would wave hello to every single person that drove or walked by the house. I can honestly say it took a minimum of 6 months before a single one of them actually waved back. 5+ months in and having never received a single acknowledgement of my presence in the neighborhood, the easy thing would have been to stop trying. 6 years later, the neighbors call me by my name, they even begin to wave to me before I do.

The sun comes up every 24 hours, taxes are due on a certain day every year... there are so many things in life that one knows exactly when something will occur. Searching for a date has never been one of those known entities to me. Broadening the places to look has always seemed like a productive endeavor to me, yet I can understand where certain people expect to meet certain people in a certain place within a certain time.

I did a search of men in your area (within 75 miles) and there were 40 profiles to match the search. I would imagine the odds of finding one in 40 can be quite daunting. Wether a search is expanded here within CM, or outside of CM - I would imagine that any attempt at broadening the search will increase the odds. The time in which it takes to happen hopefully will not continue to be seen as a waste of time for anyone I would hope.
Apr 13th 2014 new
Sorry my search included a 10 years span - 5 years younger to 5 years older. Broadening things such as age and or distance can increase the numbers - but finding one that is also OK with the xtended numbers can become that much harder also.
Apr 13th 2014 new
1. Welcome.
2. I think everyone here can say the same thing.
3. It helps if you think of CM as a place to make friends with other single people who share your faith. Great discussions here in the forums sometimes.
I've been here off and on since 2006. I have dozens of friends here, male and female. We travel and vacation together, meet up for lunch once or twice a year, pray for each other.... For those of us with few "real life" opportunities for friendships, CM has been a godsend.
Give us a chance. wink
Apr 13th 2014 new
(quote) Katherine-536138 said: I have been on CM for a long time, I just decided again to subscribe; it has done absolutely no good. I still have received no response from any of the "gentlemen?" I have contacted, by emoti; message or any other means of "hi it's me"...I am on no other site. This is a terrible waste of time. As soon as this ends I will not renew.
I feel your pain. Often times there are no responses or messages. However, I do not think that CM is a waste of time.......No. The forums are great They provide information and maybe you might come to know the members in the forums. The success stories are encouraging also. I think one needs to have patience. It only takes one. So just enjoy CM for everything is has to offer and you might find you like it.
Apr 13th 2014 new
In addition Katherine you might find the one if you give it time. :):):) God bless and don't give up.
Apr 13th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: 1. Welcome.
2. I think everyone here can say the same thing.
3. It helps if you think of CM as a place to make friends with other single people who share your faith. Great discussions here in the forums sometimes.
I've been here off and on since 2006. I have dozens of friends here, male and female. We travel and vacation together, meet up for lunch once or twice a year, pray for each other.... For those of us with few "real life" opportunities for friendships, CM has been a godsend.
Give us a chance.
Marge, you really know how to put things into perspective. That is what I like about you. biggrin
Apr 17th 2014 new
Dave, We need more optimistic go to it people like you around! I love your neighborhood story, You just continued to be yourself and wave! Your neigbors are very fortunate to have you in their lives. Honestly we all need someone to give us a wave. Have a wonderful Easter!
Apr 17th 2014 new
I keep renewing also, as I have friends here............have joined a 'social do' locally
also and am enjoying f to f also............it felt weird at first as I knew nobody,
but it is good to laugh..............
Posts 1 - 10 of 17