Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Not enough matches

Apr 14th 2014 new
Am I the only one? I get very few matches. I am beginning to think something is wrong with me. Any help would be appreciated.
Apr 14th 2014 new
Hi Barbara,

WELCOME.

You may want to check your Search Criteria and see what type of preferences are set.
If i'm not mistaken there are 2 search results on your home screen, Primary and Default.
You can click on either one of them and edit your preferences and see if you get more results?

Hope this helps.. biggrin Praying

Apr 21st 2014 new
Hi Barbara!
I looked at your profile, and no, there is nothing wrong! You posted great pictures, your words are lovely, and it's a great profile, Have you been looking at men's profiles and sending them a short message commenting on something they've written about? Some of my friends who've met online say for every message they've sent, they have about a 20% return, so if you send out 20, perhaps 4 will respond. They say also to not let distance be an issue, maybe 150 miles is not too much.
i wish you the best, and hope you find someone wonderful
Bonnie
Apr 22nd 2014 new
No,

My matches are quite sporadic at best and really what the administrators think of me and what my match would think of me could be two different things! I just treat them as any other profile on here.

Cheers,

Michael
Apr 22nd 2014 new
Hi Michael,
Just wanted to clarify that there is an programming algorithm that is used by CM to determine possible matches and in no way involves administrators thoughts about anyone on the site here. It is computerized as opposed to administrators doing any of the choosing.
Apr 27th 2014 new

I absolutely agree. I have not met one person and am starting to rethink everything. I thought at least on this website where we all have a solid foundation in common, I might have a chance, but realize now I was wrong. Ah, well...

-MEK

Apr 27th 2014 new

Dave:

I totally get the "matches"/electronic piece. But what concerns me more is people "view" but I receive very few viewers who want to speak with me. So you start to look at all sorts of things. I will move, I am annulled, I am average, I am educated, etc..... SO where and WHAT are the things that keep people/men away?

trying to figure that out.

MEK

Apr 27th 2014 new
(quote) Mary-49564 said:

Dave:

I totally get the "matches"/electronic piece. But what concerns me more is people "view" but I receive very few viewers who want to speak with me. So you start to look at all sorts of things. I will move, I am annulled, I am average, I am educated, etc..... SO where and WHAT are the things that keep people/men away?

trying to figure that out.

MEK

As you can see you are not alone in Your frustration and angst .There have been several threads started in several forums about this issue.Unfortunately I do not believe there is a short answer.
Your profile is well written, It provides an insight to the viewer about your personality, life experiences and desires. as well as your faith.Your photos are great, So overall your profile page appears fine.
Now I now you are saying to yourself, "Then what I am I doing wrong?".The short answer, Nothing. The long is answer is that online dating is Much different than the dating when we were younger. I like to refer to it as dating 2.0, With algorithms for matching, algorithms for personality, and making decisions from what you see and read on screen.
In the "old" days , You simply approached someone you found some attractive for whatever reason, engaged them face to face, or maybe a friend set it up and you at least talked on the phone, You then made a decision to go on a"date" or not.
That was then , This is now. This venue offers many challenges but it also offers many opportunities that may not exist locally.
Every one is unique and it may be impossible to know why he or she may view our profile and never respond to a greeting or message. All we can do is reach out, Engaging other people, Through messages(whether returned or not) and in forums, Where not only can you add your voice to a subject you may feel strongly about, And most importantly, It is social interaction .
SO in short, We should just keep strong in our faith and continue our quest.
Apr 28th 2014 new

As Charlie Brown would say:...."sigh:)"

thanks for your insights and for taking the time to 'review' my profile.

MEK

May 12th 2014 new
I understand how you feel..I was so excited to see this site since I truly want to be with a Catholic man ..I am feeling quite disappointed with the whole process..Are they new matches, or ones that are inactive or never took their profile down ..paid/not paid..I get more than one view without a message.. When I look at some of the profiles the photo's posted dates from 2009..I think there is about 10 men on the site..lol... sadly...for sure not going to renew..

Posts 1 - 10 of 14