Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I've been having this problem for over a month now. I set my profile picture to one I really like of me wearing new glasses and black lipstick. I think it's pretty and a good representation of who I am. It uploads, it works, I can consistantly load it on every page, yadda yadda, no problems. But then I sign in a few days later and it's been reset to the blank default! I don't get what's going on, it has only happened with that specific picture picture.

I'm HOPING that this is some crazy glitch and not an admin that keeps taking it down. It's not offensive or violates any rules (literally, just my smiling face with thick black glasses and lipstick). The original is still even in my photo gallery so I know it's acceptable. I haven't cleared any cookies or my cache so it's not that. I'm getting the feeling like I'm back in high school and somebody just doesn't like us goths around here... would someone PLEASE prove me wrong and help me figure this out?
Apr 14th 2014 new
(quote) Sara-1039882 said: The original is still even in my photo gallery so I know it's acceptable.
Hi Sara and welcome to the forums,

First thing to keep in mind is that CM has a higher set of standards for the profile pciture, above an beyond the standards of all of the other pictures in one's profile album, so while it may be acceptable to exist in the album amongst all of the other photos - it does not necessarily imply it is then also good for the main profile picture.

CM's photo guidelines can be found in the FAQ section of the site here at the following URL:
www.catholicmatch.com#

My suggestion would be to open a help ticket, and ask the staff about the photo in question in regards to it being used as a profile picture. That way they can communicate with you privately as to whether there is a particular reason why it is not being accepted as a profile picture.

Having looked at the picture in question, I can speculate as to why it may be seen as inappropriate, but in reality it all comes down to the staff of CM as to what is and what is not acceptable.

Hope you are able to get it resolved, and that any resolution is the best for all parties involved.

Apr 14th 2014 new
(quote) Sara-1039882 said: I've been having this problem for over a month now. I set my profile picture to one I really like of me wearing new glasses and black lipstick. I think it's pretty and a good representation of who I am. It uploads, it works, I can consistantly load it on every page, yadda yadda, no problems. But then I sign in a few days later and it's been reset to the blank default! I don't get what's going on, it has only happened with that specific picture picture.

I'm HOPING that this is some crazy glitch and not an admin that keeps taking it down. It's not offensive or violates any rules (literally, just my smiling face with thick black glasses and lipstick). The original is still even in my photo gallery so I know it's acceptable. I haven't cleared any cookies or my cache so it's not that. I'm getting the feeling like I'm back in high school and somebody just doesn't like us goths around here... would someone PLEASE prove me wrong and help me figure this out?
Hi Sara:

Is it a black & white photo? We cannot use b/w profile pictures. I only know this because I tried to and it was rejected.

Good luck and welcome to the Forums!
Apr 14th 2014 new
Good advice Dave.. .Thank you. thumbsup
Apr 14th 2014 new
(quote) Nicole-1018166 said: Is it a black & white photo? We cannot use b/w profile pictures. I only know this because I tried to and it was rejected.


That's news to me! surprised




theheart
Apr 14th 2014 new
(quote) Victor-544727 said: That's news to me!





Hey, I just noticed that, Victor! I am not sure why I could not keep mine then.
Apr 14th 2014 new
(quote) Nicole-1018166 said: Hey, I just noticed that, Victor! I am not sure why I could not keep mine then.
Well, they've seen me in color and decided that B&W was probably a better idea. ashamed That, and this has been my profile pic for almost 2 years.




theheart

Apr 16th 2014 new
Thank you for a very helpful answer! I'll try a ticket ASAP and find out exactly what's wrong.

I totally understand about having a higher standard for profile pictures, I actually think their reasoning behind it is a good idea. But it is a rather irksome thought (and personally offends me quite a bit) to think that someone on a Christian based website would be so rejecting of someone's looks. Yeah, I identify myself as goth (pretty casual though, usually just jeans and a black T) but why should that matter? Sure it's eccentric, but I subscribe to all the teachings of the Catholic Church just as much as anyone else here. As long as a person is dressed modestly (and when you attend Mass in my typical Victorian-esque fashion, I'd say that's about as modest as you can get) why should it matter if a person dresses counter-culturally? Isn't the Catholic Church in America counter-cultural, Herself? I wonder, would it have been treated the same way if I showed off my nerdy side instead and dressed like Steve Urkel? It's curious...

Apr 16th 2014 new
No, it was in color. But thank you for the heads-up in the future!
Apr 16th 2014 new
You get away with your black and white photo because you added it before the rules were amended. One day you may have to change it, but that's very low on the priority list programmatically.
Posts 1 - 10 of 18