Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 15th 2014 new
my apologies, for some odd reason, it posted before I could add links.

www.youtube.com

NASA on tonights blood moons:
news.yahoo.com

hmmmm St. Peters square hit with lightning....and so many other prophetic signs of the end of times.

blessings,
sharon

Apr 15th 2014 new
(quote) Sharon-975094 said: my apologies, for some odd reason, it posted before I could add links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVCcZF2Yfn4

http://news.yahoo.com/total-lunar-eclipse-moon-tetrad-163514251.html

hmmmm St. Peters square hit with lightning....and so many other prophetic signs of the end of times.

blessings,
sharon

I am not concerned about the blood moon, I have seen them before. I am not concerned that they are coming in a tetrad. I am also not expecting something big to occur. Prophesy is by its nature vague enough to allow for its application across time and space and in pretty much any time and place.

eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov

This link (Above) is NASA's discussion of eclipses, discussion of tetrads can be found at the bottom of the web page.

The links below are to the Vatican Observatory and I can find no disucssion of the blood moon tetrad at all on this site. It is possible there is some discussion in books and publications, but nothing in recent news. As noted above in the NASA information the timing of tetrads are variable and some time periods have none at all, while some have several.
www.vaticanobservatory.org

This link is regarding the Mayan calendar and the end of the world
www.vaticanobservatory.org

Apr 15th 2014 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: I am not concerned about the blood moon, I have seen them before. I am not concerned that they are coming in a tetrad. I am also not expecting something big to occur. Prophesy is by its nature vague enough to allow for its application across time and space and in pretty much any time and place.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OH2014.html

This link (Above) is NASA's discussion of eclipses, discussion of tetrads can be found at the bottom of the web page.

The links below are to the Vatican Observatory and I can find no disucssion of the blood moon tetrad at all on this site. It is possible there is some discussion in books and publications, but nothing in recent news. As noted above in the NASA information the timing of tetrads are variable and some time periods have none at all, while some have several.
http://www.vaticanobservatory.org/

This link is regarding the Mayan calendar and the end of the world
http://www.vaticanobservatory.org/vo-news/recent-news/94-recent-news/against-pseudoprophecies

I agree, Astronomy has been a hobby of mine since I was 9. In recent years I have seen an uptic in the eschatological interpretation of cosmic events.I truly believe eschatology is the most mysterious aspect of our Catholic faith.
Apr 15th 2014 new
Hi Sharon,

No, we are going to go through all this rigamarole again as we have done time and time before. Once again nothing much will come of it at all then there will be the usual litany of excuses as to what inrepretation went wron be it the stars or holy scripture and once again our fate with destiny will be rescheduled.

Cheers,

Michael Kelly
Apr 15th 2014 new
I highly suspect that nothing will happen. I believe we as a civilization have much more growth ahead of us before our end times.
Apr 15th 2014 new
Yes, Obama is going to resign tomorrow.
And the Vikings are going to get a decent quarterback in the NFL draft.

Hhmm.....I must have dozed off, sure had a pleasant dream.
Apr 16th 2014 new
(quote) Sharon-975094 said: my apologies, for some odd reason, it posted before I could add links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVCcZF2Yfn4

http://news.yahoo.com/total-lunar-eclipse-moon-tetrad-163514251.html

blessings,
sharon

Saw this article today and thought of your post...

Are the 'Blood Moons' a Biblical Sign from God that Something Earth-Shattering is About to Happen?

Excerpt: "John Hagee said the premise of his theory is confirmed by NASA data. He argued that a series of four blood moons have appeared on Passover and Sukkot, also known as Feast of Tabernacles (Passover celebrates the Jews liberation from Egyptian slavery and Sukkot commemorates the Jews 40-year wandering in the desert).

And each time, he said, something significant has happened concerning the Jewish people.

This has happened only three times in over 500 years, so its a very rare thing, Hagee said, adding that the dates during which the tetrads fell always began with tears and ended in triumph.

While there have certainly been other sets of four blood moons, only eight times in the past 2,000 years have all four in a series fallen on the two Jewish holidays consecutively."

www.theblaze.com..

Apr 16th 2014 new
I propose....

Seriously believing that some big, significant historical event (affecting our lives) would be tied in any way to these 4 blood moons is akin to planning one's life based on astrology, tarot card readings, palm readings, crystal ball readings, horoscopes, ouija boards and the like. I suspect that serious belief in (or reliance upon it) it is likely condemned by the Catholic Church.

---------------------

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
www.vatican.va

2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to "unveil" the future. Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

2138 Superstition is a departure from the worship that we give to the true God. It is manifested in idolatry, as well as in various forms of divination and magic.

--------------

Just my humble opinion.

Ed
Apr 16th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: Yes, Obama is going to resign tomorrow.
And the Vikings are going to get a decent quarterback in the NFL draft.

Hhmm.....I must have dozed off, sure had a pleasant dream.
This first blood moon did verrrrrrrry suspiciously coincide with TAX DAY (April 15th). Perhaps the blood moon represents the taxpayers feeling like they are being bled to death by the government. scratchchin

Ed
Posts 1 - 10 of 39