Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Here is a video from Michael Voris: www.youtube.com . He definitely hits the bullseye.

Apr 19th 2014 new
One thing that is striking is what he has to say about "Catholic Answers"; apparently the top dogs at CA are making six figures a year.
Apr 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: One thing that is striking is what he has to say about "Catholic Answers"; apparently the top dogs at CA are making six figures a year.
The good people at Catholic Answers aren't getting paid over $100k each a year to paint a realistic portrait of the Church. Like many who work for the Church, Catholic Answers is obsessed with money.



Apr 23rd 2014 new
I have often wonderred how these guys can afford all they do...no wonder anymore. I'm a peasant compared to them.
Apr 24th 2014 new
To me they're beginning to seem more like a cartel.
Apr 24th 2014 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: I have often wonderred how these guys can afford all they do...no wonder anymore. I'm a peasant compared to them.
We all are. That video made me sick. It really made me wonder if we are in more trouble than we thought. God have mercy on us!
Apr 25th 2014 new
Loved this Church Militant You Tube. However, I don't know if I agree that the salaries are unreasonable for apologists who travel all over giving talks, debating, writing books, doing research and spend so much time defending the faith. If it was another subject, they would be paid equally well. I don't believe in underestimating the value and time commitment of anyone's job, and the overhead of keeping up such an elaborate and informative website.

My one complaint about Catholic Answers is more that they do seem to play along with the Church "Of Nice" and, as individual apologists, have criticized Catholics, and blackballed other apologists, who criticize the Novus Ordo liturgy. There certainly seems to be unspoken "politically correct" rules for "conservative" Catholic sites, organizations and forums, that exclude anybody so "radical" as to exercise their right to critique a liturgy that has been dumbed down to please the people.
Apr 25th 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: To me they're beginning to seem more like a cartel.
They're apologists; their job is to make problems go away. I called up the Catholic Answers radio show one time and tried to talk about the damage being done by church closings. The hosts said just to trust the bishops and got me off the air.
Apr 25th 2014 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: They're apologists; their job is to make problems go away. I called up the Catholic Answers radio show one time and tried to talk about the damage being done by church closings. The hosts said just to trust the bishops and got me off the air.
Its no surprise they did that to you. They're trying to keep the status quo going by turning you to men who can be bought. Remember Bishop Mahoney from LA...he was totally in the pockets of the internationalists. By the way, I've seen threads deleted by the people at CA. If it focuses on corruption, you betcha they're going to take it down because its not in line with their agenda.
Apr 25th 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: Its no surprise they did that to you. They're trying to keep the status quo going by turning you to men who can be bought. Remember Bishop Mahoney from LA...he was totally in the pockets of the internationalists. By the way, I've seen threads deleted by the people at CA. If it focuses on corruption, you betcha they're going to take it down because its not in line with their agenda.
Yeah...write anything negative about a bishop and you'll get banned very soon thereafter. Catholic Answers and all the apologists of conservative or liberal bias can keep doing this all they want. But who's going to pay the bills once the older generations of Catholics have passed away? Only then will the vacations to Florida and the Caribbean come to an end.
Posts 1 - 10 of 85