Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

This must be heaven ...

Apr 25th 2014 new
Some of us are grieving, or anticipating the earthly departure of a loved one. I find that imaging my parents in heaven gives me comfort. Although, I'd like to know more about heaven. Do you have any comforting thoughts (or inside info) on what is like for our loved ones in heaven? I heard a recentl homily on EWTN. The priest said it's like the feelings we have when we are happily in love, those best feelings ... ALL THE TIME. I love that. :-)
Apr 25th 2014 new
(quote) Katie-1043679 said: Some of us are grieving, or anticipating the earthly departure of a loved one. I find that imaging my parents in heaven gives me comfort. Although, I'd like to know more about heaven. Do you have any comforting thoughts (or inside info) on what is like for our loved ones in heaven? I heard a recentl homily on EWTN. The priest said it's like the feelings we have when we are happily in love, those best feelings ... ALL THE TIME. I love that. :-)
I really don't know. I wish I did. But I have found books on Purgatory enormously comforting!
Apr 25th 2014 new
(quote) Katie-1043679 said: Some of us are grieving, or anticipating the earthly departure of a loved one. I find that imaging my parents in heaven gives me comfort. Although, I'd like to know more about heaven. Do you have any comforting thoughts (or inside info) on what is like for our loved ones in heaven? I heard a recentl homily on EWTN. The priest said it's like the feelings we have when we are happily in love, those best feelings ... ALL THE TIME. I love that. :-)
As it happens I'm just beginning Surprised By Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church by N.T. ("Tom") Wright. If I turn up anything that bears on your question, I'll let you know. Wright, an Anglican bishop in whom I detect some Romish leanings (wish-fulfilment on my part? perhaps not entirely....) is pretty widely regarded as one of the greatest living Biblical scholars, and writes beautifully.
Apr 25th 2014 new

When my grandma passed, the family was at her gravesite service. At the end, we grandchildren were given roses to place on top of her casket. When I placed my flower on it, I said in my mind, "Good bye, Grandma". Immediately, she appeared to me. She was smiling and said the words in her thoughts, "I'm alright. I'm alright".

Usually things like this scare me (I used to live a house that has inhabited by spirit or should I say haunted). However, I felt great comfort and peace with grandma's appearance, she is just fine and happy. Now, I am not as scared as I was before her appearance to die. Peace, happiness and love lies on the other side for us.

Apr 25th 2014 new
(quote) Bridget-884672 said:

When my grandma passed, the family was at her gravesite service. At the end, we grandchildren were given roses to place on top of her casket. When I placed my flower on it, I said in my mind, "Good bye, Grandma". Immediately, she appeared to me. She was smiling and said the words in her thoughts, "I'm alright. I'm alright".

Usually things like this scare me (I used to live a house that has inhabited by spirit or should I say haunted). However, I felt great comfort and peace with grandma's appearance, she is just fine and happy. Now, I am not as scared as I was before her appearance to die. Peace, happiness and love lies on the other side for us.

I believe that you believe it, and I believe in Heaven, Hell and Purgatory. But I wish I had those visions, or visitations.

Apr 25th 2014 new
My daughter, who had just turned four years old a week after her dad's death, said "I don't know why they say it's gold in heaven, it's really like sparkly white crystals (or diamonds)" she saw her dad at the 'gates' of heaven, couldn't understand how he could "get through such a tiny space when he was so big"

I know there is a freedom of movement and from pain like nothing we can comprehend (I too saw my grandmothers spirit after her death)

and I felt my husbands joy the day he died. It filled the entire room. the kind of joy that surpasses anything we can possibly imagine here on earth, nothing comes close, not what a bride feels on her wedding day, not what a man feels when holding his newborn for the first time, nothing. Only joy that big could tear a father from his children, to leave them behind and go forward
Apr 25th 2014 new
(quote) Karen-712407 said: My daughter, who had just turned four years old a week after her dad's death, said "I don't know why they say it's gold in heaven, it's really like sparkly white crystals (or diamonds)" she saw her dad at the 'gates' of heaven, couldn't understand how he could "get through such a tiny space when he was so big"

I know there is a freedom of movement and from pain like nothing we can comprehend (I too saw my grandmothers spirit after her death)

and I felt my husbands joy the day he died. It filled the entire room. the kind of joy that surpasses anything we can possibly imagine here on earth, nothing comes close, not what a bride feels on her wedding day, not what a man feels when holding his newborn for the first time, nothing. Only joy that big could tear a father from his children, to leave them behind and go forward

Wow, Karen, you said that so beautifully. Bless you for describing it so eloquently.

Apr 26th 2014 new
Wow. So helpful, and beautiful. Thank you for sharing these sacred parts of your lives.
Apr 26th 2014 new
Heaven is total immersion and absorption in the love of God. Dante in the last canto of Paradise gives a beautiful evocation of this most impossible of things to describe.
Apr 26th 2014 new
(quote) Russ-959222 said: Heaven is total immersion and absorption in the love of God. Dante in the last canto of Paradise gives a beautiful evocation of this most impossible of things to describe.
So true Russ, so true
Posts 1 - 10 of 60