Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Apr 27th 2014 new
I Still have children at home and often men of my age have children out of the house, so attitudes is more important than age. But that said, I hope to enjoy a long relationship and a man much older may be called to heaven sooner! I feel like I am going in circles!!!!!
Apr 27th 2014 new
It just depends.

I think I'd rather be single, than run the risk of being widowed by being with someone considerably older. (And of course, age guarantees nothing.) My mother always told me to marry a man at least three years younger than me, because men die younger. (My father was 15 years older than my mother, and she was widowed at 49.) Then again. I may die young (my sister said it's too late for that). tongue I don't know how much choice I have in this, but if I had my druthers, I'd go younger. It makes me feel safer.

Apr 27th 2014 new

Greetings All

Age is a nothing. Should never be considered. Case in point:

Valerie was 66 and I was 82 when we met and married. 5 1/2 months after our marriage I held the Funeral service for her on Good Friday which was one year ago this past Good Friday.

We can only be masters of our own destiny but only The Great One knows the timetable of that life.

My advice is challenge life with abandon and go for what is open to you. Ask yourself, "How many times have you tossed out the candy and found sadness as you tried to eat the wrapper"?

Follow your heart with eyes open and forget the age factor, financials, the home turf, the relatives, and become, that one, that is made of His Rib. You would be amazed at the joy you receive just by doing

God love and keep you

Be safe, be happy and be in love

Philip

Apr 27th 2014 new
(quote) Katie-1043679 said: It just depends.

I think I'd rather be single, than run the risk of being widowed by being with someone considerably older. (And of course, age guarantees nothing.) My mother always told me to marry a man at least three years younger than me, because men die younger. (My father was 15 years older than my mother, and she was widowed at 49.) Then again. I may die young (my sister said it's too late for that). I don't know how much choice I have in this, but if I had my druthers, I'd go younger. It makes me feel safer.

Katie age guarantees nothing. I was married to a man 2 and a half years younger and we got divorced. At the time of our divorce his health was not what it should be. Earlier in our marriage he found out he had high blood pressure and was put on medication. I said to our doctor at that time he is too young to have high blood pressure and the doctor said yes he is. So whether you marry older or younger health is not guaranteed. The odds would be if you married older they could have health problems sooner. I think the most important thing is whether the man you marry is kind. It is who he is and not how old he is, what he looks like, how much money he has, what kind of job he has, where he lives, or if he has children. These are all considerations of course but the most important thing is that he is right for you and that you love each other.
Apr 27th 2014 new
Yeah ... I'm open to what God has in store for me. Still, I have my natural ego defenses. Some subconcious preferences just kind of whisper to me "don't go there", even if I'm willing to explore. Ultimately, I want to be in love, as it will be the first time for me. I'm so curious to know who THAT man will be. My guess is, he'll make me feel loved and cherished the way my Daddy did.

I appreciate the insight and experience shared here. Thank you.

cloud
Apr 27th 2014 new

I don't care so much about chronological age as about mental and emotional age.

Some men over 50 are still teenagers. Some men at 40 are crotchety old coots.

What I think is more important is, finding a man for whom my chronological age is unimportant, because so many men in my age group seem to want a caretaker or a nanny for their kids...or a godmother. rolling eyes

Apr 27th 2014 new
In Jim's logic and of course this is a very general statement and NOT true for every marriage. I think the man should be 5 years older then his bride. My mother and father were 5 years apart, so that may have some influence in my thoughts. i was 5 years older than my late-wife, so obviously my theory is not perfect and has holes in it.

Women are in a better position to take care of themselves then their husbands. Most men are spoiled with laundry, meals, children, fun, shopping, vacation planning and life in general all taken care of by their wives. Husbands normally have the heavy lifting duties and usually the source of income.

Thinking the average husband / wife death is after retirement, the husbands duties above have thinned. A 75 year old man would have a much tougher time by himself than the 75 year old woman.
Apr 27th 2014 new

While I think your statements are very true for our generation, I suspect that it is and will be different for folks who are in their 30s today.

Senior moment...can't remember if they are Millenials, Generation X, or Y, or Y Not, or....? boggled

Apr 27th 2014 new
I have some parameters of course, but for me it is also attitude and activity/energy level. I am still young at heart, love to work and play and would like to find the same.
Posts 1 - 10 of 56