Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

For Some, Caffeine Addiction Is Doubly Dangerous
chicago.cbslocal.com

Jessica Hayes starts her day with a jolt of java and often refuels throughout the day.
"I feel like it helps me be more productive," she says.
The problem is Jessica has acid reflux, and her doctor has been telling her to cut back on caffeine. She knows it's not good for her, but she can't stop going back to her coffee.
"It's definitely something that I fight with myself all the time," she says.
A caffeine researcher, Professor Laura Juliano, says that may be because for some people the need for caffeine could be a psychological problem. It's being called Caffeine Use Disorder.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Ha! I can stop anytime I want. . . really. hyper
But in the meantime, can I get a refill, purty-please? Coffee

Jack, I love you. Your posts are always full of good information -- and oftentimes eerily timely.

Apr 30th new
Saint Drogo
  • Memorial: April 16
  • Patronage: coffee house owners
  • Reportedly able to bilocate (did excessive coffee consumption play a small role?) smile

• ___________________
    The farce is strong with this one. - yoda
    Apr 30th new
    Bow Bow Bow Coffee Mmmm.... Donut....
    Apr 30th new
    Hi,

I gave up on these coffee studies years ago. One study after the next first condemns the addiction citing all sorts of health woes and saying it should have been banned like cocaine and barbituates then the next then says how great it is from boosting brain power to helping to prevent prostrate or colon cancer. I guess the safe route is that of moderation as with all else.

Cheers,

Michael
    Apr 30th new
    The safe amount of coffee changes from year to year. Moderation in everything, I say. Remember the '70s, when health-conscious folks thought they had to drink Postum? Did that increase the sum total of happiness in the world? I think not.
    Apr 30th new
    (quote) Michael-1071426 said: Hi,

I gave up on these coffee studies years ago. One study after the next first condemns the addiction citing all sorts of health woes and saying it should have been banned like cocaine and barbituates then the next then says how great it is from boosting brain power to helping to prevent prostrate or colon cancer. I guess the safe route is that of moderation as with all else.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael,

I agree with you. These studies go back and forth all the time. Just read one the other day about all the BENEFITS.

If coffee drinking is a vice I'm guilty...because there's nothing like that first cup of coffee every morning!

That is my story and I'm drinking.....er sticking to it! Coffee

Apr 30th new
    don't even THINK of messing with my caffeine......lol
    Apr 30th new
    (quote) Susan-857876 said: don't even THINK of messing with my caffeine......lol
    Coffee Mmmm.... Donut.... hissyfit highfive clap
    Apr 30th new
    Love my coffee Coffee
    Posts 1 - 10 of 29