Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

most unusual fruits

Apr 29th new
Take the Apple Pear for instance. I have never heard of it much less eaten one until last week. It tastes like a pear but is as large as a grapefruit. I tried the one in the cute little white wrapper.

youtu.be for the ladies; the presenter ain't bad looking either wink

hint hint, hey fellas, how about growing your own apple pear trees. that would seal the deal for me.
laughing laughing laughing we could sit on the front porch swing eatin applepears while watching the sunset. there's so many ideas for these little guys.

what kinds of unusual fruits have you eaten lately?

Apr 29th new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: Take the Apple Pear for instance. I have never heard of it much less eaten one until last week. It tastes like a pear but is as large as a grapefruit. I tried the one in the cute little white wrapper.

http://youtu.be/pWhFkhquPOU for the ladies; the presenter ain't bad looking either

hint hint, hey fellas, how about growing your own apple pear trees. that would seal the deal for me.
we could sit on the front porch swing eatin applepears while watching the sunset. there's so many ideas for these little guys.

what kinds of unusual fruits have you eaten lately?

These Asian p[ears make a great "apple" sauce.

The trees are easy to grow and very productive.
Apr 30th new
I think a star fruit or a grapple. I had to cool the star fruit to eat it an the grapple is an apple that has a grape taste.
Apr 30th new
Buddha's hand.
Apr 30th new
(quote) Tammy-991351 said: I think a star fruit or a grapple. I had to cool the star fruit to eat it an the grapple is an apple that has a grape taste.
I've eaten the star fruit and found it to be sour tasting. never heard of a grapple. will look for !tomorrow. sounds good.
fruit stands have all kinds of unusual fruit and veggies. youtu.be

Here's Robert fruit stand in Homestead has unusual fruit...some that I've tried. youtu.be
enjoy!

Apr 30th new
My post should have read - you need to COOK star fruit. --- otherwise it's sour.
Apr 30th new
(quote) Tammy-991351 said: My post should have read - you need to COOK star fruit. --- otherwise it's sour.
Tammy,
you are the only person I know of who has told me to cook it before eating. TY! now I know why I dislike it
Apr 30th new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Buddha's hand.
I'm going to look this one up Bob. never have heard of it.
Apr 30th new
Dragon Fruit
Apr 30th new
I really have not eaten any unusual fruits lately unless you mean "dates" and I am not talking about Fig Newtons!
Posts 1 - 10 of 47