Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

... Would you go on a first date if the person was Ok, a good person, but probably not someone you could see yourself married to? ...

Would you go anyway ... or not???? ...

Apr 30th 2014 new
Yes. You could get to know each other and see if it would actually be a better fit than you thought!
Apr 30th 2014 new
Does it have to be a date?
Apr 30th 2014 new
(quote) Katie-1043679 said: Does it have to be a date?
Not sure I follow ...
Apr 30th 2014 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said:

... Would you go on a first date if the person was Ok, a good person, but probably not someone you could see yourself married to? ...

Under normal circumstances, how could you possibly know whether or not someone is "not someone you could see yourself married to" before you've even spent 5 minutes in some form of a relationship/courtship with her?

I'm guessing she asked you out.

theheart
Apr 30th 2014 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Not sure I follow ...
Meeting for a coffee because you have a nice rapport could be a part of friendship without being considered a 'date'. There are at least a few men here with whom I'd meet or hang out with without considering marriage.
Apr 30th 2014 new

If he's cute - has a nice smile - and makes me smile ---- I'll go. Anything beyond that takes time to figure out.
Apr 30th 2014 new

Of course I would. A "date" doesn't mean you are "dating" and just going out for some conversation and a social activity is fun. I enjoy meeting people and making friends. Trying to discern marriagability/ compatibility from a profile, a few emotigrams, emails and phone conversations is self defeating. Please tell her YES, ask her when, and put it on your calendar.
Apr 30th 2014 new

Yes, if he seemed like a good person, why not give him a chance and meet him?
Apr 30th 2014 new
(quote) Richard-15378 said: Not sure I follow ...
Well it could be something like going hiking with a group of people and see how well you communciate. Generally a hike is not considered a date and with a group of people it is a safe place to get to know somebody in a casual manner without all the pressure of a high priced dinner date

Mark
Posts 1 - 10 of 200