Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Leave Page - Stay On Page

May 1st 2014 new
Not sure if this is on my end or not... Just had to reinstall Firefox after a brief battle with malware (I won) Now, each time I post to the forum, when I click "submit" I get the browser pop up asking if I wish to stay on the page or leave the page. This is new behavior that I haven't seen on CM before.
May 1st 2014 new
Posting a response simply to whether the pop up is displayed on submit. I know it normally pops up if I try to leave the page while typing in a post - but would agree it is unexpected behavior if it pops up when clicking submit.
May 1st 2014 new
Sorry John, unable to replicate the problem you experienced - might the problem hvae gone away for you since the last time it wsa acting up for you ?
May 1st 2014 new
Hi John,

If this happens again, please contact us via help ticket and include the approximate time that it happened so that we can look into it further. This message should appear only when you are attempting to leave a page while unsent/unposted text appears in a message, emotigram, or forum text box.
May 1st 2014 new
(quote) Debbie-696127 said: Hi John,

If this happens again, please contact us via help ticket and include the approximate time that it happened so that we can look into it further. This message should appear only when you are attempting to leave a page while unsent/unposted text appears in a message, emotigram, or forum text box.
Debbie, just for the record of Anomalous CatholicMatch.com Computer/Internet/Browser/??? Glitches, I have occasionally experienced--in the past two weeks---the same curious problem that John experienced. I think I right clicked on an open space and the mystery box disappeared. I suspect you have an internet virus problem that is causing all kinds of weird problems other members have mentioned in passing in their personal messages. I know as a fact that I did not receive 118 posts to a forum that had been locked until a day after I contacted Customer Service....initially wondering why the forum had been locked and never suspecting I simply had never received the subsequent 118 posts. I don't know what other members are experiencing when they attempt to participate in the forums, but I've seen long replies disappear before I could click 'submit'. I wonder how many personal and forum messages 'disappear' AFTER members click 'submit'? wave
May 1st 2014 new
(quote) Andrew-1040810 said: Debbie, just for the record of Anomalous CatholicMatch.com Computer/Internet/Browser/??? Glitches, I have occasionally experienced--in the past two weeks---the same curious problem that John experienced. I think I right clicked on an open space and the mystery box disappeared. I suspect you have an internet virus problem that is causing all kinds of weird problems other members have mentioned in passing in their personal messages. I know as a fact that I did not receive 118 posts to a forum that had been locked until a day after I contacted Customer Service....initially wondering why the forum had been locked and never suspecting I simply had never received the subsequent 118 posts. I don't know what other members are experiencing when they attempt to participate in the forums, but I've seen long replies disappear before I could click 'submit'. I wonder how many personal and forum messages 'disappear' AFTER members click 'submit'?
Andrew,
You state you had the same problem John was experiencing yet John had a very specific problem of it happening specifically when he clicked the submit button and the dialog box popped up, you then mention that yours was when you clicked on an open space and a box went away. Maybe I am reading your statement wrong but it seems what you are experiencing is something entirely different - although probably just as frustrating - don't get me wrong.

Most of the problems I have seen posted here in the help forums over the past year in regards to problems CM users have been experiencing seem to have been associated either directly with a particular browser they are using, a setting within their browser, or a change in the programming of the website by CM that may have had lead to a problem and the Staff was able to locate the bug/problem in the software of CM and rectify the situation.

You mention problems in personal messages, and seem to correlate it to a problem you may have had in one of the forums. But a problem with the personal messages would typically be a completely separate problem than one with the forum posts - unless there is a specific problem on a CM members computer causing various problems accessing the site in general - which has been known to happen and discussed here int he forums many times with various ways for an end user to troubleshoot any browser problems they may be having on their own computer.

From my experience, Debbie and CM staff have always gone way out of their way to help the CM members with any problems they may be experiencing on the site, and I am sure they will attempt to help with any problems you may be experiencing also - but the best way they can help (or any CM members that might want to help also) is for the the problem to be stated as specifically as possible in order to better understand any problem a member is having with their computer - or access to the features of the CM site itself.

There are times where there is a bug in their programming (please note this is entirely different than a virus) that they can fix to rectify a problem on their servers when they are made ware of it - but being specific and being able to replicate the problem can be a tremendous help in tracking and fixing such problems.
May 1st 2014 new
Just happened again with a reply I made to a thread in the Entertainment forum. Same exact symptom.
May 1st 2014 new
Firefox 29.0, Windows 8.1. Happening as I post these replies too.
May 1st 2014 new
May 1st 2014 new
Just upgraded to Firefox 29 now, but am on a mac not windows, testing to see if it acts up on this end
Posts 1 - 10 of 20