Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

+JMJ+

Bonne fte de Saint-Joseph, artisan!
Please pray for all who are struggling to survive in business or who are unemployed.

tinyurl.com

Praying
May 1st 2014 new
Glorious St. Joseph, model of all those who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above my natural inclinations; to work with gratitude and joy, considering it an honor to employ and develop, by means of labor, the gifts received from God, without recoiling before weariness or difficulties; to work, above all, with purity of intention, and with detachment from self, having always death before my eyes and the account which I must render of time lost, of talents wasted, of good omitted, of vain complacency in success, so fatal to the work of God. All for Jesus, all for Mary, all after thy example, O Patriarch St. Joseph. Such shall be my watchword in life and death. Amen.
May 1st 2014 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said:

+JMJ+

Bonne fte de Saint-Joseph, artisan!
Please pray for all who are struggling to survive in business or who are unemployed.

http://tinyurl.com/o4twng2

Praying Praying rosary Praying
May 1st 2014 new
Pope Francis regarding St. Joseph -

"You know, you have to be patient with these carpenters: they tell you they'll have a piece of furniture finished in a couple of weeks and it ends up taking a month even. But they get the job done and they do it well! You just need to be patient..."

vaticaninsider.lastampa.it

May 2nd 2014 new

Such a good article, Mary. Thank you. Good to know the Holy Father
appreciates St. Joseph so much. I think they also put statues of St. Joseph
buried in front of houses that have to be sold.

May 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

In honor of St. Joseph's Feast Day, I tried to find an old Unsolved Mystery's segment featuring a miraculous staircase believed to be built by St. Joseph at a chapel in Santa Fe, NM. The video appears to have been permanently deleted.

Will have to resort to this alternate clip to describe the story -

The Loretto Staircase www.youtube.com
May 2nd 2014 new
Besides being Saint of labor, I look upon St Joseph as the ultimate role model for being a loving husband.
May 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I've read that burying a statue of St. Joseph to sell a home is a superstition that should be avoided.

See: jimmyakin.com
May 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: I've read that burying a statue of St. Joseph to sell a home is a superstition that should be avoided.

See: http://jimmyakin.com/2005/05/burying_a_st_jo.html

I am not sure that it is a superstition. It is a hope for the help of

Saint Joseph. I think it is innocuous. Putting a dead animal in

the front of one's home would be a superstition.

May 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Mary-486033 said: In honor of St. Joseph's Feast Day, I tried to find an old Unsolved Mystery's segment featuring a miraculous staircase believed to be built by St. Joseph at a chapel in Santa Fe, NM. The video appears to have been permanently deleted.

Will have to resort to this alternate clip to describe the story -

The Loretto Staircase http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvid_KnFq7s

Mary: That video sent goose bumps down my spine during each example

of how unexplainable the staircase is. How did you ever hear about that

staircase? It really is beautifully done also. I bet that is how each of us

is going to get up into heaven--on a staircase made with no nails.

Posts 1 - 10 of 13