Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Whats Your Name?

May 1st 2014 new
I did this on FB and thought it might be fun to do it on CM as well wave

1) What is your middle name? Love it? Hate it?

2) What is your confirmation name and why did you chose it?
May 1st 2014 new
My middle name is Christine, but I'm not fond of 'Amber Christine'. I go by my confirmation name which is Elizabeth. I chose it after Elizabeth of Portugal because I loved her Miracle of the Roses story, where the bread she was carrying for the poor turned into roses when she was almost caught. rose rose rose

I'm related to St.Colette de Corbie, but didn't know at the time or I would've chosen her as my confirmation name instead. angel
May 1st 2014 new
My middle name is Martin. My parents told me that they wanted to give that to me as my first name, but they were afraid there would be a ton of Martins since I was born only about 2 years after Martin Luther King Jr. was murdered. I always took that as meaning they gave me that middle name in his honor.

I used my baptismal name, Edward, as my confirmation name. Boring, I know. But later in life I discovered that the memorial of St. Edward the Confessor is two days before my birthday (and in fact - my mom went into labor with me on the evening of his feast day). He was an 11th century King of England who was responsible for the building of Westminster Abbey. So it all worked out in the end! I dressed up as the saintly King for my office's Halloween party last year ..... I bought an "off the rack" costume crown and robe, and made a homemade cardboard shield with his coat of arms.
May 1st 2014 new
If I had a chance to "do over" for my confirmation name, I might choose St. Giles, since he is a traditional patron of people with disabilities. Rolling Along
May 1st 2014 new
(quote) Amber-1078229 said: I did this on FB and thought it might be fun to do it on CM as well

1) What is your middle name? Love it? Hate it?

2) What is your confirmation name and why did you chose it?
Neat topic! My middle name is Renee. I choose Therese as my confirmation name. St. Therese of Lisieux is my patron saint. rose
May 1st 2014 new
1 ) What is your middle name? Love it? Hate it? - Joseph - good enough

2) What is your confirmation name and why did you chose it? - John - I always liked the villain Prince John in Robin Hood but you can be sure I didn't tell the Bishop that!

Michael
May 1st 2014 new
My middle name is Marie and I love it.

My confirmation name is Genevieve -- I chose it because of my grandmother and for St. Genevieve the patroness of Paris. She epitomizes the traits I would like to have: bravery and faith in the face of the Huns, peacemaking and negotiating with Childrec the First for the release of prisoners, collecting and distributing food and other care to the people. Just a neat lady :-).
May 1st 2014 new
My middle name is Mary-need I say more-I love it! When I chose my confirmation name I had taken some prayer cards out of my Mom's drawer and one fell out. It was St.Therese so I decided to go with her-only thing is I confused her with the St.Theresa of Spain. I would go to school and pronounce the name Spanish style to impress the kids. When I had some real difficulties in my life, what do you know I connected with the correct St. Therese who has been a solid pal and helper through every life difficulty since, she is the greatest. Thank you for the great topic.
May 1st 2014 new
My middle name is Valerie. My dad called me Jan Val. My confirmation name is Saint January.
May 1st 2014 new
My middle name is Valerie. My dad called me Jan Val. My confirmation name is Saint January.
Posts 1 - 10 of 51