Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hello Dear CM'ers,

So....let's have a bit of fun learning about each others' experiences with the wonderful (sometimes crazy) world of dating. Tell us about a really good date you had and/or a really bad date. I'll start....

My best date (thus far) was one where my date surprised me with flowers and we went on a lovely drive to niagara on the lake with a picnic basket he brought.

My worst date was a first date actually, with someone on another dating website. He acted really weird, was always looking around/acting nervous. Thank goodness that was a very short date and I didn't see him again because I later found out he was married!!! ack!!!!!!!

Your turn! :) wave
May 5th new
I can definitely contribute to this post. My worst date was also a first date, and also with someone on another dating website. He asked me out for coffee and I said yes. As soon as he saw me, a look of obvious disappointment was on his face. To make matters worse, he kept pointing to another Asian women (and yes more attractive) within our vicinity and repeatedly kept saying "I really thought you were that girl." Then as I proceeded my way to get some coffee, he declares "I want ice cream. I don't drink coffee." Come on now! Why ask me out for coffee if you don't drink coffee? I would've said yes to ice cream. Then as we sat down, he plops his huge backpack in between us and doesn't even turn his chair to face me. I'm a very patient women and this just irked me even more. I initiated the conversation and all he did was eat his ice cream. He gave one word answers and didn't even bother to ask me anything or comment on anything I had to say. I was practically giving a soliloquy. Then exactly 30 minutes later his phone goes off and says that he has to go. He didn't even say goodbye or thanks for meeting me, he just stood up and said he had to go and then left. I was just stunned and kept thinking, did this just really happen? So after our "date", I ran errands and guess who I bump into again? We were both crossing the street going opposite ways and I just looked at him and went my merry way.
May 5th new
Hi Anna,

That's sad... well expect nothing from a pig but a grunt. That's about the worst one I have heard of for a spell. No doubt you are going to do a lot better.

Cheers,

Michael
May 5th new
Oh, as for dates. I do make the best of the evening even if I see we are not compatible with one another. In that way I cannot say I ever had a bad one where one of us had to walk out. In my youth on a few occasions where I went to pubs with girls, you'd sometimes run into their ex's and that wasn't much fun. All our wits were dimmed and really you cannot reason with drunks.

Michael
May 5th new
Thanks Michael. It happened a few years ago. If anything, it makes a great anecdote:) My friends got a kick out of it ;P
May 5th new
(quote) Anna-1061976 said: I can definitely contribute to this post. My worst date was also a first date, and also with someone on another dating website. He asked me out for coffee and I said yes. As soon as he saw me, a look of obvious disappointment was on his face. To make matters worse, he kept pointing to another Asian women (and yes more attractive) within our vicinity and repeatedly kept saying "I really thought you were that girl." Then as I proceeded my way to get some coffee, he declares "I want ice cream. I don't drink coffee." Come on now! Why ask me out for coffee if you don't drink coffee? I would've said yes to ice cream. Then as we sat down, he plops his huge backpack in between us and doesn't even turn his chair to face me. I'm a very patient women and this just irked me even more. I initiated the conversation and all he did was eat his ice cream. He gave one word answers and didn't even bother to ask me anything or comment on anything I had to say. I was practically giving a soliloquy. Then exactly 30 minutes later his phone goes off and says that he has to go. He didn't even say goodbye or thanks for meeting me, he just stood up and said he had to go and then left. I was just stunned and kept thinking, did this just really happen? So after our "date", I ran errands and guess who I bump into again? We were both crossing the street going opposite ways and I just looked at him and went my merry way.
You ARE a patient woman.....he wasn't worth 30 minutes.
I think I told this one already, probably in the Men's Discussion Room, but here goes: many years ago, at a party, I ran into a woman on whom I'd had a crush-from-afar even earlier than that - back in highschool. Anyway, seing the hand of fate in this, I asked her to dinner (not the best first date strategy, IMHO). She said that would be fine as long as it was 'early'. So, this being summer, we ended up dining in a restaurant while the brilliant late-afternoon sun blazed through the window. Towards the end of this fairly brisk encounter she said, "Well, I have to be going. I have another date tonight". And after a brief look into her purse she added, "I don't think I have enough cash for a cab to get me there. Could you lend me some?".
May 5th new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: You ARE a patient woman.....he wasn't worth 30 minutes.
I think I told this one already, probably in the Men's Discussion Room, but here goes: many years ago, at a party, I ran into a woman on whom I'd had a crush-from-afar even earlier than that - back in highschool. Anyway, seing the hand of fate in this, I asked her to dinner (not the best first date strategy, IMHO). She said that would be fine as long as it was 'early'. So, this being summer, we ended up dining in a restaurant while the brilliant late-afternoon sun blazed through the window. Towards the end of this fairly brisk encounter she said, "Well, I have to be going. I have another date tonight". And after a brief look into her purse she added, "I don't think I have enough cash for a cab to get me there. Could you lend me some?".
Oh Paul! If you ever become a stand-up comedian, I think you have your shtick already set up for you.

I have a story that is not really best or worst, just kind of odd and funny. My 75-year-old gentleman friend I was dating a couple years ago invited me to go to a certain museum. On the day of the date he informed me that a certain female client of his insurance and investment business was interested in that museum and that he had invited her to come along. The funny thing is that she was a really nice lady, the three of us were very compatible, and we all had a great time. But it still makes me laugh to think about it.
May 5th new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: Oh Paul! If you ever become a stand-up comedian, I think you have your shtick already set up for you.

I have a story that is not really best or worst, just kind of odd and funny. My 75-year-old gentleman friend I was dating a couple years ago invited me to go to a certain museum. On the day of the date he informed me that a certain female client of his insurance and investment business was interested in that museum and that he had invited her to come along. The funny thing is that she was a really nice lady, the three of us were very compatible, and we all had a great time. But it still makes me laugh to think about it.
Unless he really didn't get that it was a date, I would put that in the 'inexcusable' class. :)
May 5th new
Hi Anna!!!!
Thankyou for sharing...what a jerk!!!!!! Good riddance!! :)

May 5th new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Unless he really didn't get that it was a date, I would put that in the 'inexcusable' class. :)
Well, we were dating, so there was no reason not to think it was a date! Actually, I thought his social cluelessness was sort of endearing.
Posts 1 - 10 of 28