Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Perhaps someone can tell me what qualifies a profile to show up as a new search result? A fella I'd been matched with almost a year ago (thus, definitely not new) is right smack at the top of my primary search results with a "NEW!" notification on him. How does that happen?

Laura
May 6th 2014 new
(quote) Laura-896845 said: Perhaps someone can tell me what qualifies a profile to show up as a new search result? A fella I'd been matched with almost a year ago (thus, definitely not new) is right smack at the top of my primary search results with a "NEW!" notification on him. How does that happen?

Laura
Hi Laura,

I don't know that I can give you a complete answer, but one component of the primary search is Active 90 days. So I believe if they are not active for over 90 days they would drop out, then if they log in they would again be active within 90 days and would show up as new.

Other possibility is that they changed something that caused them to fall out of your search criteria and then changed it back to fall back in.

Or maybe they did not renew their account, and then renewed it again.
May 6th 2014 new
Hi Laura,

If the person did not appear in your search results the last time that you ran the search, they would be considered a "new result".

If the person you're referring to appeared at any time before, his profile may have changed in a way that did not meet your search criteria then was changed back to what it was before.
May 6th 2014 new
A long-term member can appear as a "new" result in searches when s/he renews CM membership.
May 6th 2014 new
I was wondering about that too. I didnt have a subscription for 6 months, and then renewed. I hope my newer profile is considered new again.
May 7th 2014 new
Mm, okay.

Too bad "new" doesn't mean "This person has a totally new perspective on how awesome you are and is now open to correspondence," lol. tongue This particular profile is one of a very few that really intrigued me.
May 7th 2014 new
(quote) Laura-896845 said: Mm, okay.

Too bad "new" doesn't mean "This person has a totally new perspective on how awesome you are and is now open to correspondence," lol. This particular profile is one of a very few that really intrigued me.
Maybe he is open to correspondence now. smile
May 7th 2014 new
Mm. Got a very polite brush-off last time I contacted him. (At least I am interested in men with good manners, right?) Hard to find an in after that.
May 7th 2014 new
(quote) Jack-752986 said: A long-term member can appear as a "new" result in searches when s/he renews CM membership.
This is not true. The new member tag that appears in someone's profile can appear ONLY within two weeks of the time the account was initially created. Purchasing a subscription does not make a person's account new again.

The "new search result" tag, also not related to subscription status appears when someone did not appear in the search results for that particular search the last time that it was run.
May 13th 2014 new
(quote) Debbie-696127 said: This is not true. The new member tag that appears in someone's profile can appear ONLY within two weeks of the time the account was initially created. Purchasing a subscription does not make a person's account new again.

The "new search result" tag, also not related to subscription status appears when someone did not appear in the search results for that particular search the last time that it was run.
if the new result but technically not new is not related to subscription how does new result works effectively?
Posts 1 - 10 of 12