Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

80% of Catholic Matchers are just window shopping, browsing... in other words they are NOT serious about actually connecting with someone for marriage. Therefore, that leaves 20% of us trying to connect and continusously feeling ignored, rejected and confused. Can't something be done?!?! Your thoughts...
May 6th new
(quote) Teresa-993518 said: 80% of Catholic Matchers are just window shopping, browsing... in other words they are NOT serious about actually connecting with someone for marriage. Therefore, that leaves 20% of us trying to connect and continusously feeling ignored, rejected and confused. Can't something be done?!?! Your thoughts...
Yes - split the 20% into two groups of 10% -- one male, one female - and marry them off to each other. Prob solved!
May 6th new
BEEEAUTIFUL PAUL! brilliant! laughing cool laughing cool
I wish I knew I get views but not many msg and theyre usuall far or fizzle if I can't gt back to them right away or just because.
May 6th new
(quote) Teresa-993518 said: 80% of Catholic Matchers are just window shopping, browsing... in other words they are NOT serious about actually connecting with someone for marriage. Therefore, that leaves 20% of us trying to connect and continusously feeling ignored, rejected and confused. Can't something be done?!?! Your thoughts...
Keep plugging away at it. It only takes one of that 20% to make a connection. Or if we use Paul's theory, one of 10%! I believe there's a lid for every pot! wave wink
May 6th new
Well those odds aren't so good? Just curious how you found/where you got those stats from? Is there an official way to find out that info? I wish there could be something done about it, such as that being another criteria when one fills out their profile and/or does a search. I know on another (secular) online dating site I was on a long time ago, it asked straightforwardly what your intentions were. It gave choices something along the line of:

Just Browsing
Looking for an Activity Partners
Looking for Friends
Looking to Date Casually
Looking for a Long Term Relationship
Searching for my Soulmate
Looking to get Married etc.

Could that be something we could add to the profile/search options? Might work to 'weed' out those who aren't looking for the same thing we are. Just an idea...
May 6th new
(quote) Mary-466498 said: Well those odds aren't so good? Just curious how you found/where you got those stats from? Is there an official way to find out that info? I wish there could be something done about it, such as that being another criteria when one fills out their profile and/or does a search. I know on another (secular) online dating site I was on a long time ago, it asked straightforwardly what your intentions were. It gave choices something along the line of:

Just Browsing
Looking for an Activity Partners
Looking for Friends
Looking to Date Casually
Looking for a Long Term Relationship
Searching for my Soulmate
Looking to get Married etc.

Could that be something we could add to the profile/search options? Might work to 'weed' out those who aren't looking for the same thing we are. Just an idea...
YESSSSS! Great Idea...I don't know if that would "fly"...but that WOULD be awesome...yes to have this "subset of options....limit it to 6...baker's 1/2 dozen....

I like much of your wording.... it's an idea...anyway...and being proactive instead of complaining is the way to go!!

Thanks, Mary...it's a good beginning...if it needs 'polish" we have the talent here...and maybe the moderators might help polish it or give editing advice...or nix it...who knows..it just is nice to brainstorm something....

neat.

May 6th new
(quote) Barbara-863769 said: YESSSSS! Great Idea...I don't know if that would "fly"...but that WOULD be awesome...yes to have this "subset of options....limit it to 6...baker's 1/2 dozen....

I like much of your wording.... it's an idea...anyway...and being proactive instead of complaining is the way to go!!

Thanks, Mary...it's a good beginning...if it needs 'polish" we have the talent here...and maybe the moderators might help polish it or give editing advice...or nix it...who knows..it just is nice to brainstorm something....

neat.

Hopefully we can combine searching for soulmate and looking to get married!

smile
May 6th new
I find consolation in my certainty that I am being called to marriage, and in the continual work of purifying my soul for it.
May 6th new
(quote) Russ-959222 said: I find consolation in my certainty that I am being called to marriage, and in the continual work of purifying my soul for it.
That is first-rate writing.
May 6th new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Yes - split the 20% into two groups of 10% -- one male, one female - and marry them off to each other. Prob solved!
This is quite possibly the most sensible thing I've read since I joined. Lol
Posts 1 - 10 of 99