Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Due to the loss of windows support, age, insults and a few other things A lady that she is will be decommissioned, and serve in the growing ghost fleet as door stops but from time to time may be called apron as parts donor.

However from her physical configuration , excuse me! She may not meet the required criteria as a door stop thus marking the end of her existence and eminent passing.

She was born in Austin Texas and her maiden name was dell and was later bought from her former owner who suffered a nervous breakdown during negations over the price and once back at the house in her white case, I carried her over the threshold!

Here she met Lenovo, and through anything but holy matrimony. But still, by the grace of God, they were really made for each other but terminally ill their love was cut short upon his death and she is perceived by a keyboard, two speakers the twins and an assortment of other clutter with blinking lights

Services will be held but are now pending because I can still see the screen through the smoke and all who are willing to actually come may do so but most of all, those maybe attending are urged to register because probably no one in their right mind really would and a full maybe guest list is better then none but if you cant show up just send me your condolences or a part or two off your computers that you really dont need that will be used like floral arrangements but never think this was my idea and theres no accounting for taste!

May 8th 2014 new
I can give you the names of Restaurants that are still running "Windows 95a" on their Point of Sale Terminals to this day - successfully. Restaurant owners learn very quickly how to be frugal in regards to ALL expenditures - and upgrading a working machine is not something that you will get a Restaurant Operator to do easily if at all (unless there is a franchise involved and they are required to upgrade as per franchise rules).

Add to that many are connected to the outside world for credit card verification. And the credit card numbers are stored in the clear on the systems.

The number of ATMs and doctor's office computer's that run Window's XP behind the scenes will live on and on for long after the support from Microsoft has stopped.

So do not write the last chapter of the book on XP and it's predecessors, for I am sure they will continue to be comprised for many years to come. mischievous
May 8th 2014 new
Actually most of the hardware was not made in america .Many of the machines were at some point assembled here, but with components from around the world, I have yet to see any American made components on the Dells I service. As far as writing xp off, Not quite yet. a little over a 1/4 of the world's pcs are still using XP. Windows 8 is ok for touch screen application but but for keyboard interface it is cumbersome at best. The fact that XP will no longer have updates is problematic but not the end of the line for XP. The first thing one should do is make a mirror image of their drive with a fully updated system. The question that is unanswered is long will Microsoft keep existing updates on their website. As far as security risk, The security risk of xp with no patches is increased by the fact that 7 and 8 share some source code, so If they exploit those versions, then XP would be compromised.

For the immediate future, avast among others plans to support xp. the absence of security patches are only part of security risk for any pc user.Just about all software has bugs, In the old days they had beta versions, Now the end user is the beta tester. As long as you keep good internet security on your machine, are prudent about not opening suspicious files, and where you surf the net, I think you will be okay. One problem , Not addressed, is if you buy a new printer for example, In the future may not have a driver, .Personally I still have 2 of my 5 machines running xp and I am not really worried.

May 8th 2014 new
Perform an OS transplant using Linux as the donor.

May 8th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Perform an OS transplant using Linux as the donor.

linux might be problematic for the average pc user, ui a little cumbersome for a lot of people .
May 8th 2014 new
Hello Charles

I keep getting pop ups to update my drivers I have a pay pal money Pac what I learned later that its a card to reload another card and my accountant recommended getting a bank card so all this is really new to me I have an AT&T hot spot but dont live in a 4g area what is supposed to get changed but had spent untold hours with them on the phone and they would get it working better then it would get worse. It has been working well and the videos on You Tube work pretty good but has taken as much as 20 minutes or more to watch a 2 to 3 minute video.

Also scrolling, the images would smear The CM site works fine but my yahoo mail is very slow and Im unable to send pictures. I have to scroll down my mail almost one line at a time or it will just sit there then take a jump. The ran a speed check on my computer and it passed but then later on decided it was the computer and wanting to save I really started to think that it was better to scrap this one because its costly to get fixed.

I do use the systems restore, disk defragment and clear out my browsing history.

In the distant past I have received unlikely responses that were pertaining to letters I have sent but under a provocative user name what would have been the last thing the person would ever do has always haunted me and this was a question that no one could answerer. I was running off a router splitting the internet cost with my sister but it was a weak signal and cutting the bottom off a plastic pop bottle .putting the antenna inside and making a stand out of a coat hanger so it could be horizontal, it seemed to help but often would go in and out. So this was always a struggle and sometimes turning it a bit helped.

We had a bigger router but I think it often needed resetting at the other end but at best still me had a weak signal and wish I hard wired it.

The yahoo mail seemed to really get worse when they changed it and it to me isnt as good even in the library but lots faster then here at home. I like the detachable heat sink on the dell and clean it regularly but also keep the tower off the floor and position it for optimal air circulation! So Im particular about the things that I do know and always want to learn more! So your thoughts and everyone elses are most welcome!

Paul

PS. I thought I was being funny but now learning something! smile

May 8th 2014 new
Hi Jerry
What's an OS transplant? In really simple terms!
May 8th 2014 new
That is certainly great news! Thanks Dave
May 8th 2014 new

Yes Charles some of us just aren't computer savvy and to the other extreme ,I even have a car that starts with a crank and one interesting thing that few people think about is you have to drive it backwards in tall grass because it will bush it in and makes an awful noise where it engages with the engine so there is a piece of very old knowledge !

May 8th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-99681 said: Hello Charles

I keep getting pop ups to update my drivers I have a pay pal money Pac what I learned later that its a card to reload another card and my accountant recommended getting a bank card so all this is really new to me I have an AT&T hot spot but dont live in a 4g area what is supposed to get changed but had spent untold hours with them on the phone and they would get it working better then it would get worse. It has been working well and the videos on You Tube work pretty good but has taken as much as 20 minutes or more to watch a 2 to 3 minute video.

Also scrolling, the images would smear The CM site works fine but my yahoo mail is very slow and Im unable to send pictures. I have to scroll down my mail almost one line at a time or it will just sit there then take a jump. The ran a speed check on my computer and it passed but then later on decided it was the computer and wanting to save I really started to think that it was better to scrap this one because its costly to get fixed.

I do use the systems restore, disk defragment and clear out my browsing history.

In the distant past I have received unlikely responses that were pertaining to letters I have sent but under a provocative user name what would have been the last thing the person would ever do has always haunted me and this was a question that no one could answerer. I was running off a router splitting the internet cost with my sister but it was a weak signal and cutting the bottom off a plastic pop bottle .putting the antenna inside and making a stand out of a coat hanger so it could be horizontal, it seemed to help but often would go in and out. So this was always a struggle and sometimes turning it a bit helped.

We had a bigger router but I think it often needed resetting at the other end but at best still me had a weak signal and wish I hard wired it.

The yahoo mail seemed to really get worse when they changed it and it to me isnt as good even in the library but lots faster then here at home. I like the detachable heat sink on the dell and clean it regularly but also keep the tower off the floor and position it for optimal air circulation! So Im particular about the things that I do know and always want to learn more! So your thoughts and everyone elses are most welcome!

Paul

PS. I thought I was being funny but now learning something! smile

Hello Paul, first of all those pop ups are malware, you need to run spybot adaware or malware bytes, My guess is you have malware slowing you machine down, However a 3g wi fi connection is not particularly fast, The rule of thumb is that you need 6Mb(megabits not mega bytes) down load speed for non buffered video. About payapl, just set up a regular pay pal account, tied card,or bank acount.I try to use paypal for all online transactions.

XP will suffice for the immediate future and i think you may find Linux not a suser friendly as windows.Can you not get internet through local phone company? most carriers offer up to 6Mb over twisted copper pair.My smartphones are on ATT with 4gLTE coverage, lightning fast, but I have found some of their wi fi hot spots not very fast, I hoped I have helped.
Posts 1 - 10 of 13