Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Another investigation into the fretful night of September 11, this time in Benghazi. Libya,
will begin soon. Is it just a redundant search? Is there more to uncover?

I hope this time they open up investigations into what was going on in the CIA
stronghold building, not too far from the embassy. I am afraid there was
gun selling by Americans out of that building.

There was also minimal security afforded to the compound even though there
were many requests for more security.

These are all questions that should be answered by a responsible Government
with American lives on their hands.

May 10th 2014 new
I don't imagine any heads will roll, I just hope it embarrasses those who should be.
May 10th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: I don't imagine any heads will roll, I just hope it embarrasses those who should be.
If it ends up like the Iran Contra Scandal, I think those heads will roll.
May 11th 2014 new
This was an attempt to chart public sentiment on the utility of the investigative committee. The sample is tiny, self selected , very shaky in many ways. It would be interesting to see what the established national outfits find on this. IF these numbers run the same nationally, will some begin thinking of a replay of the Goldwater-Scott pilgrimage of 1974 ? ( the good stuff is in the second half ) townhall.com
May 11th 2014 new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: This was an attempt to chart public sentiment on the utility of the investigative committee. The sample is tiny, self selected , very shaky in many ways. It would be interesting to see what the established national outfits find on this. IF these numbers run the same nationally, will some begin thinking of a replay of the Goldwater-Scott pilgrimage of 1974 ? ( the good stuff is in the second half ) http://townhall.com/columnists/kevinmccullough/2014/05/11/benghazi-what-real-dems-really-think-n1836454/page/2
The American people are kept in the dark by the media. If they knew the truth about these things, then heads would roll. However, the media lies, covers up and protects the powers from the truth of their tyranny. Only those who seek the truth and can glean it from what we do hear have an inkling of what the political class is doing behind the scenes to destroy our lives.
May 11th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-624621 said: The American people are kept in the dark by the media. If they knew the truth about these things, then heads would roll. However, the media lies, covers up and protects the powers from the truth of their tyranny. Only those who seek the truth and can glean it from what we do hear have an inkling of what the political class is doing behind the scenes to destroy our lives.

That doesn't sound too good for those of us who are Americans.

I must tell you that even the NY Times wrote that Benghazi was used to
sell firearms to Turkey for eventual use in Syria. If the NY Times spilled
that much information, imagine what else there really is.

Many Congressmen have said that they want to know why America was
the only country still flying their flag in that area after all the other
countries had left. I think that is the right question to ask. I think the
Congressmen have to get their hands on some good information because
no one was allowed in Benghazi to collect the files until days after. So,
they were all destroyed after September 11's bombing and fires just the
way the powers that be wanted them to be destroyed.

This is way out there, but I wonder if it was someone's intention to get
rid of all the personnel in Benghazi (maybe the killings) so as to not leave
any evidence.

May 11th 2014 new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: This was an attempt to chart public sentiment on the utility of the investigative committee. The sample is tiny, self selected , very shaky in many ways. It would be interesting to see what the established national outfits find on this. IF these numbers run the same nationally, will some begin thinking of a replay of the Goldwater-Scott pilgrimage of 1974 ? ( the good stuff is in the second half ) http://townhall.com/columnists/kevinmccullough/2014/05/11/benghazi-what-real-dems-really-think-n1836454/page/2

Yes, the good stuff is in the second half. I can hardly believe that so many
democrats feel that way.

It made me think that if Benghazi is something that we as Americans know
about, imagine what the Government does behind our backs that we are
left in the dark about. And I am sure that is the stuff that worries a lot of us.

Jay Carney is so arrogant. I think that is why he got the job.

So, Bernie, thanks for the info. But give me your honest opinion. If there
are so many Democrats who make so much sense about the Benghazi issue,
then how can so many reasonable people ever have voted for a man who
had almost no political experience to begin with, to run a country with as many
problems and complex issues as America had, and was in the middle of two
wars, and this candidate had no military experience to boot?

That does not make any sense.

May 11th 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

That doesn't sound too good for those of us who are Americans.

I must tell you that even the NY Times wrote that Benghazi was used to
sell firearms to Turkey for eventual use in Syria. If the NY Times spilled
that much information, imagine what else there really is.

Many Congressmen have said that they want to know why America was
the only country still flying their flag in that area after all the other
countries had left. I think that is the right question to ask. I think the
Congressmen have to get their hands on some good information because
no one was allowed in Benghazi to collect the files until days after. So,
they were all destroyed after September 11's bombing and fires just the
way the powers that be wanted them to be destroyed.

This is way out there, but I wonder if it was someone's intention to get
rid of all the personnel in Benghazi (maybe the killings) so as to not leave
any evidence.

Marianne,

I am so sick of it all, I am leaving Facebook. I am tired of being so sucked in to thinking about the politics all the time. I need a break from the stress of this. All media outlets are just spouting politically correct talking points over and over again. Americans are being setup for a huge fall, and all of the politicians in Washington are behind it, no matter which party they represent. It's truly sickening to think of what our children are going to have.
May 11th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-624621 said: Marianne,

I am so sick of it all, I am leaving Facebook. I am tired of being so sucked in to thinking about the politics all the time. I need a break from the stress of this. All media outlets are just spouting politically correct talking points over and over again. Americans are being setup for a huge fall, and all of the politicians in Washington are behind it, no matter which party they represent. It's truly sickening to think of what our children are going to have.

What are the politically correct points they are spouting? I know, sometimes

one needs to get away from it all for awhile. BTW, you look like a musician

in your profile picture.

May 12th 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Yes, the good stuff is in the second half. I can hardly believe that so many
democrats feel that way.

It made me think that if Benghazi is something that we as Americans know
about, imagine what the Government does behind our backs that we are
left in the dark about. And I am sure that is the stuff that worries a lot of us.

Jay Carney is so arrogant. I think that is why he got the job.

So, Bernie, thanks for the info. But give me your honest opinion. If there
are so many Democrats who make so much sense about the Benghazi issue,
then how can so many reasonable people ever have voted for a man who
had almost no political experience to begin with, to run a country with as many
problems and complex issues as America had, and was in the middle of two
wars, and this candidate had no military experience to boot?

That does not make any sense.

Hi Marianne,

The radio survey was not a valid national sample. The main point is that someone finally tried to collect some data. If one of the bigs runs this as a national survey, we will be able to address the motives. The unexpected contradiction is the reason the question needs to be run nationwide. One possible answer would fall in the " fool me once,.... " category.

I suspect that national results will still show a surprising level of support for the committee, but nowhere near the percentages listed from the radio show.
Posts 1 - 10 of 14