Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Hi I just want to talk about what seems to happen to me on computer dating which doesn't seem to happen in real life meetings with men at dances. I usually get asked to dance and have male friends who will only ever be dancing partners because they are too old to marry or they are seperated. I would like to get married but feel I am too old to have children and I never really wanted them anyway which is one reason why I have led a mainly celibate life.

I'm 48 and I hardly ever get any messages or emotigrams from anyone on the site. I have been on this site for more than a couple of months and have never had a date from it.

I don't know why. I send messages but get nowhere. On this site I've never had the chance to talk about what I want in life because it never gets that far with anyone.
I'm from Ireland and the Irish men seem to be rather few in number. Also whenever I message someone I just get a polite reply and nothing more and sometimes no reply at all, which I think is a bit thoughtless.

I aiming at men who are the same age or slightly older than me but have got the cold shoulder so often I get the feeling they are only interested possibly in someone younger so they can marry and have children.

When I meet men naturally at dances they assume I'm younger than I am because of makeup etc and when we get dancing and talking and he says he'd like to go out with me, I ask him does he want to get married and have children in the future he says he does. The difficulty here is that I would be too old to have children and don't really have a wish for children although I get on great with nephews and nieces. I'm looking for someone around my age who feels the way I do that we could get married and not have children but so far have drawn a blank. I'm wondering therefore is it not good enough to not want children and is that what God is trying to say to me.

But when I look inside myself I really don't see the desire for pregnancy and children. No way. I didn't want them when I was young either. I can be a giving caring person but I really don't want to have to give in that way. I'd like to hear the thoughts of other Catholics on this.

If I am being unchangeably selfish in not wanting children should I stay single.and accept the occasional loneliness and boredom that goes with that or what? I don't want to push against God. By the way please don't tell me to expand my interests and hobbies because I'm trying to do that generally all the time!

I think a good partner would make me so happy though. I could make the right person happy and I want to see what married life would be like.

May 11th 2014 new
(quote) Geraldine-1032218 said: I'm 48 and I hardly ever get any messages or emotigrams from anyone on the site. I have been on this site for more than a couple of months and have never had a date from it.

Hi Geraldine,

A "couple of months" is, unfortunately for all of us, a very short time in the timeframe of internet 'dating'...and certainly much too soon to be drawing a negative conclusion that your waiting is the result of any deficiency or unsuitability on your part, since the sincerity of your post is strong evidence of the opposite.

You are doing the right thing by posting to the forums...continue that. It's a way to "meet" people (yes, only 'virtually', but better than not at all) and allow them to get to know you as a personality, not just a hyperlink.

Your statement "...the Irish men seem to be rather few in number..." probably only seems true. I happened to have handy my nerdy little world data guide the "Economist" magazine sent me for renewing wink, and it says for every 100 Irish women there are 100.1 Irish men...you're actually a bit better off than US women (100w:97m), and way ahead of Russian women (100w:86m), but apparently not in the ladies' shopping paradise of Abu Dhabi (100w:228m) (Yikes, guys! eyepopping smile).

Keep "talking" with all us on CM, Geraldine...keep posting and offering thoughts...and if you like, send in some good Irish jokes! smile You'll be fine. Maybe CM is catching on more in Ireland, and by staying in the forums, you'll be an early one to know it ...and, age 48? Heck, sure wish I could have "48" back laughing

May 12th 2014 new
hi Geraldine,

same me with me I am jointed CM almost a year only two men send me message but when I want to reply not active anymore.

when I want to know many man in member I send message n smile not get reply.
maybe I live far away from USA , I am lived in other countries Indonesia.

just believed god will send you someone love you just the way you are, so keep send message to someone you want to know first and for me I am appreciated if man reply message even she already meet someone in CM.

bless you all.

angie
May 22nd 2014 new
My Dear Ladies,
this is my second subscription to this site. Basically there are about 20 or so men who have been here for ages and are not apparently really interested in marriage. Then there are the "Viewers"who look but never write... Then there are those of us who are actually looking for our future spouse. I enjoy the forums, I've made a few acquaintances along the way. It really is kind of sad because some of the men here have awesome profiles! But maybe they just got too picky over the years...who knows....
May 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: My Dear Ladies,
this is my second subscription to this site. Basically there are about 20 or so men who have been here for ages and are not apparently really interested in marriage. Then there are the "Viewers"who look but never write... Then there are those of us who are actually looking for our future spouse. I enjoy the forums, I've made a few acquaintances along the way. It really is kind of sad because some of the men here have awesome profiles! But maybe they just got too picky over the years...who knows....
The men aren't the only ones who are picky; it takes two to tango. The older we get the more we have learned from experience.... Fool me once...
May 22nd 2014 new
Hi Geraldine
I know how you feel. I've been here for three months and I only got one message. I tried to sent one emotiogram, but did not get any response at all. Only a handful of men view my profile. I guess I am not good enough for them. God knows what is best for me.

I wish you will find the right man to dance with. You 're still young, just be patience .God's work in a mysterious way. Wish you the best of everything. God bless you.
May 23rd 2014 new
Sorry to say the same thing happens to the men here .
May 23rd 2014 new
I believe God takes us through challenging places to bring us to where he needs us to be...
Please have faith that with time the right person will find your profile, and get a message to you. Remember with God; all things are possible.
Patricia

May 23rd 2014 new
One more thought here...
Why are people so afraid to say Hi!
Take the risk... Be brave...
Step outside your comfort zone.,,, and see what kind of magic you can create.
I truly believe we have the power to impact each others lives so much more than we are aware of... Live dangerously... say Hi!

May 23rd 2014 new

clap Bravo, Patricia! Well said! You have to "sell" yourself. You have to become comfortable with marketing and promoting yourself to others. I approach gentlemen in real life and also here at CM. If the gentlemen aren't aware I am here because of the large number of members (or for whatever reason), it will be easy for them to skip over me.

Posts 1 - 10 of 39