Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Suddenly I am unable to upload new pictures to my profile from either my camera or my facebook account. I have never had trouble before. It says that there is no app to get pictures from facebook. It says my pictures are not an allowable type when I try to get them right from my camera. What has changed that now I cannot upload pictures like I have in the past?
May 13th 2014 new
Do not use facebook so I am unable to offer any possibilities as to the source of the problem you may be experiencing. scratchchin
May 13th 2014 new
I've uploaded pics from my facebook often but now it says: You will need to give CatholicMatch Permission to access your Facebook Photos. Only the photos you select will be imported and nothing will be posted to your Facebook page. We value your privacy! I don't know why it worked for me until yesterday! But I usually upload from my camera. When I try it says: File is not an allowed file type. It always worked previously!
May 13th 2014 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: I've uploaded pics from my facebook often but now it says: You will need to give CatholicMatch Permission to access your Facebook Photos. Only the photos you select will be imported and nothing will be posted to your Facebook page. We value your privacy! I don't know why it worked for me until yesterday! But I usually upload from my camera. When I try it says: File is not an allowed file type. It always worked previously!
The "You will need to give CatholicMatch Permission to access your Facebook..." is standard procedure for any site that wants to use an application that links to Facebook in such a way that it accesses Facebook profiles. It is stated in the terms and conditions of Facebook, as a requirement, that the users of the apps (In this case CM) notify you of their intentions with any access they may be granted to your Facebook account (in this case to ease the ability to transfer pictures from Facebook to CM). So it is simply CM playing by the rules.

In regards to the Camera issue, some cameras store the actual pictures in one format, but often store a "thumbnail" version of the image in a proprietary format, or simple a non standard format that is meant to be used internally on the phone to provide a preview of the pictures in a much quicker fashion. I am wondering if possibly the directory you were referencing on the phone of the pictures may have been one of the non standard forms of the pictures as opposed to the directory holding the real pictures (typically in .jpg format).

Knowing the model of the phone will greatly help in determining whether it may be a phone issue, or whether something (known or unknown) changed on CM that has created the problem for you.

May 13th 2014 new
It just makes no sense that suddenly I can't do what I've done for months!
May 14th 2014 new
Hi Rachel,

There was a temporary glitch in the way that photos are imported from Facebook that was fixed this morning. If it still isn't working for you, send a help ticket and I'll be happy to investigate further.

When it comes to photos from your camera, what is the filetype? Also, are there any characters in the filename (before the file extension) that aren't either letters or numbers? For example, a filename of photo.jpg would work, but a filename of photo_1.jpg would not because of the underscore. This information can usually be found by right clicking on the photo and viewing it's properties.
Posts 1 - 6 of 6