Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Contraception & NFP

May 26th 2014 new
Sermon on the intrinsic evil & dangers of contraception vs Natural Family Planning & he speaks of those that abuse NFP.www.youtube.com
May 26th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Sermon on the intrinsic evil & dangers of contraception vs Natural Family Planning & he speaks of those that abuse NFP.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brOMraQHNQ0
Bernard, Thanks for sharing. I had an interesting conversation with one of my male neighbors yesterday. Almost 30 yo, gf lives with him. Conversation turned to birth control, not even sure how. He told me that he has been having conversations with women recently and how they are quitting "birth control pills" and having IUDs removed because of effects on their health. His own gf recently had an IUD removed because she felt it was making her sick. He casually admitted that for 15 years (yes, 15 years... since the age of 15!) he has expected women "to be on the pill" with no consequence or responsiblity for "preventing pregnancy" on his part. No mention of preventing "conception" which happens all the time with BCPs and IUDs. I tried gently to speak about the consequences to and for women. I can't hope to move mountains, but if the door gets opened just a crack maybe some light can shine through. He did say that they are using some form of "natural pregnancy avoidance." We need to be willing, able and educated to have these gentle conversations with folks when the opportunity arises.
May 26th 2014 new
(quote) Suzanne-930338 said: Bernard, Thanks for sharing. I had an interesting conversation with one of my male neighbors yesterday. Almost 30 yo, gf lives with him. Conversation turned to birth control, not even sure how. He told me that he has been having conversations with women recently and how they are quitting "birth control pills" and having IUDs removed because of effects on their health. His own gf recently had an IUD removed because she felt it was making her sick. He casually admitted that for 15 years (yes, 15 years... since the age of 15!) he has expected women "to be on the pill" with no consequence or responsiblity for "preventing pregnancy" on his part. No mention of preventing "conception" which happens all the time with BCPs and IUDs. I tried gently to speak about the consequences to and for women. I can't hope to move mountains, but if the door gets opened just a crack maybe some light can shine through. He did say that they are using some form of "natural pregnancy avoidance." We need to be willing, able and educated to have these gentle conversations with folks when the opportunity arises.
The Holy Spirit opened the door and you, in obedience, ran with it. Good for you! We need to be having more of these conversations. That is part of the New Evangelization the Holy Father talks so much about.
May 26th 2014 new
Thanks Jim. In the words of the sermon that I heard yesterday we need to be more "attentive" and sense those nudgings of the Holy Spirit that say "Hey, put this out there... put it on the line... be open to that person, listen to their heart, and speak the truth." It's always easier "said" than lived. God Bless!
May 29th 2014 new
used Billings. This did not work for me or my friend who conceived her 9th child as a result of a tooth infection
May 29th 2014 new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: used Billings. This did not work for me or my friend who conceived her 9th child as a result of a tooth infection
I bet that 9th baby is glad it didn't work. wink
May 30th 2014 new

Luther & Militant Secularism: the Crisis & the Remedy

Definition of marriage contract: how did we get to the point where marriage can be so misunderstood? Fr. Luther's first attack. Does God have a right to dictate the revealed law? Dogma of secularism. What is the proper rebuttal in defense of marriage?www.youtube.com
May 30th 2014 new
The greatest irony I find with the contraceptive mentality is that women will spend years taking chemicals that prevent conception and then they will be distessed when they come off the pill when they cannot conceive. Is that not a great contradiction?

May 30th 2014 new
(quote) Gabor-19025 said: The greatest irony I find with the contraceptive mentality is that women will spend years taking chemicals that prevent conception and then they will be distessed when they come off the pill when they cannot conceive. Is that not a great contradiction?

I have had the very same thought myself. Thank you for putting that out there.
Jul 18th 2014 new
Please keep in mind everyone that there are many women on the pill because their hormones can not be regulated naturally...Many women have endometriosis, PCOS etc...and don't use the pill for pregnancy prevention but for their overall health (even if they are not sexually active)...

www.guttmacher.org

Posts 1 - 10 of 36