Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Hello ladies and gentlemen, just wanted to see what you views are about this topic? Who is your favorite actor or actress and why? For me my favorite actor is Daniel Craig, he reminds me of Sean Connery with his mannerism and speech. He does take himself seriously when need, but exhibits a softer side as well. He was a good choice for playing the iconic role as James Bond. My favorite actress is Sandra Bullock she is that nice and lovely person every man wants to know. She to can be serious to, but can relax to when playing a role. She has pleasant manner about herself that exudes self confidence.
May 26th 2014 new
Patrick Stewart. He's Captain Picard AND Professor X. He's the reason for my Earl Grey tea addiction, and he's a superhero in a wheelchair. Rolling Along And he's a veteran of Shakespeare on top of all of that.

(By the way, I saw X-men: Days of Future Past this afternoon. It's great, go see it!)
May 26th 2014 new

Fav actor is Morgan Freeman. Fav actress is Meryl Streep. Reason is both are very versatile and are able to blur the lines of their real selves and with the character in which they are portraying; therefore, most (if not all) their movies are very entertaining and very good.

May 26th 2014 new
Sidney Poitier-- his brand of intensity is alluring
Gregory Peck-- for very superficial reasons, yet his acting is superb, and I love the cadence and tenor of his voice
Russell Crowe-- I don't care to hear about his personal life in the news, but his acting is brilliant
Ed Harris-- brilliant actor and his confidence is charming
Adrien Brody-- I like his style

May 26th 2014 new
I don't follow the rules, do I? :-)
How is it possible to just love one of these wonderful men? Sigh...

Um, for favorite actress, I'd say...Keira Knightley- for her perfomrance in Pride and Prejudice (and for the fact that she hasn't succumbed to getting breast implants like many other starlets)

May 30th 2014 new
Hello,

Currently (Male) - Brad Pitt - He is so versatile playing everything from a psychotic killer to a simpering wimp.
www.bing.com.

Currently (Female) - Karen Allen - She has had great rolls though greatly underestimated in my books. Looks like your cute fun sort of all American girl next door.

www.bing.com.

Yesteryear (Male) - Rod Taylor - A real he man sort of actor in great roles and not your delicate purty boy model type of actor.

i2.listal.com

Yesteryear (Female) - Gina Lollobrigida - A sexy bombshell by the standards of any time and she was in some great historical and biblical epic movies

www.bing.com.

Cheers,

Michael

May 30th 2014 new
A long time ago, I can remember going to movies because of who was in it. Since I don't really go to movies anymore (the last was Winter Soldier and I can honestly say Chris Evans is NOT my favorite actor), I will have to stick with actors who are mostly known for TV.

Male actor would have to be David Tennant because...well...Doctor Who! He was also brilliant in the ultimately heartbreaking British miniseries Broadchurch. It'll be interesting to see what Fox does with it (it's called Gracepoint and still stars Tennant).

Female actor would have to be the brilliant Tatiana Maslany. Week after week she fills 5/6/7 (I've lost count) characters with distinct personalities. There have been moments on Orphan Black where I've had to remind myself I was watching ONE actress playing 2/3 different parts at once.

May 30th 2014 new
(quote) William-888220 said: Hello ladies and gentlemen, just wanted to see what you views are about this topic? Who is your favorite actor or actress and why? For me my favorite actor is Daniel Craig, he reminds me of Sean Connery with his mannerism and speech. He does take himself seriously when need, but exhibits a softer side as well. He was a good choice for playing the iconic role as James Bond. My favorite actress is Sandra Bullock she is that nice and lovely person every man wants to know. She to can be serious to, but can relax to when playing a role. She has pleasant manner about herself that exudes self confidence.
Lee Marvin because he is cantankerous, funny and an ex Marine.
Jesse Ventura and James Arness because they are from Minnesota.
John Candy, Gene Wilder and Randy Quaid because they make me laugh when they just enter the room. If Gilda Radner is considered an actress, than her too!
Marlon Brando and Gregory Peck because I like them!
May 30th 2014 new
Gregory Peck, Jimmy Stewart, Grace Kelly, Jim Caviezel, Sandra Bullock. I have quite few favorites but Jim Caviezel is my current number 1.
May 30th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: Lee Marvin because he is cantankerous, funny and an ex Marine.
Jesse Ventura and James Arness because they are from Minnesota.
John Candy, Gene Wilder and Randy Quaid because they make me laugh when they just enter the room. If Gilda Radner is considered an actress, than her too!
Marlon Brando and Gregory Peck because I like them!
Hey, I think Gregory Peck has the most votes here so far.

If you're going by Minnesota standards-- Judy Garland was born in Grand Rapids, MN. While I was visiting there, the Wizard of Oz ruby slippers were stolen from a case in an old museum there. (No, twasn't me. :)
Now if the socks she was wearing with the slippers were in a case...)

Apparently there were several pairs made for her to wear in the movie.
Click, click, click. "There's no place like home."

Posts 1 - 10 of 28