Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Whats in a name??

May 29th 2014 new
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. Well maybe. What about the opposite sex. have you ever had any name or names recurring where the relationship ends badly. For me both romantically or business, or one was even the local doctor. The names which sends my blood cold are RICHARD AND BRIAN. I dare anyone with these names to write to me and scare me. What about you though???
May 29th 2014 new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. Well maybe. What about the opposite sex. have you ever had any name or names recurring where the relationship ends badly. For me both romantically or business, or one was even the local doctor. The names which sends my blood cold are RICHARD AND BRIAN. I dare anyone with these names to write to me and scare me. What about you though???
I remember my friend's mother telling her to stay away from the "A"s. laughing laughing My friend went on a date with a man named Arthur and when he met her parents for the first time, they were horrified! He was a bit older, did not make a very nice appearance and acted a bit nervy. She also went on a couple of dates with a man named Anthony who lied to her about his age! (I had a childhood friend named Arthur and he was nice and I've worked with some nice guys named Anthony so the names are okay with me!) smile

I can think of three women who shared the same name (begins with a "D") who I didn't always care for.

May 29th 2014 new

A name is as important as the color of their eyes or their favorite flavor of ice cream. It is only coincidence that you have had bad experiences with men with the same men. Don't start out with a premonition that this guy has a strike against him because of what his parents put on his birth certificate.

I would be more concerned with looking at a person's personality traits and family background but even there, free will allows each individual to carve out their own destiny.

Go forward looking not at names but at character.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

p.s. How have the Edwards been in your experience? Should I consider a name change?

May 29th 2014 new
I have kind of crossed Dan off my list of acceptable dates. Even though I have a brother Dan, my ex totally spoiled that for me. He would think I was trying to get another just like him -- he's that narcissistic!
May 29th 2014 new
I can tell you there is a certain name that sounds alarms with everyone in my family in regards to someone I may be dating.

This was never more evident then the time one of my brothers related the story of a conversation between his soon to be in-laws and my parents when my brother and his fiancee had dinner for their parents. My brothers mother-in-law has a co-worker she was trying to set me up with and conveyed that information during the dinner. Instantaneously, my brother, his fiancee, and both of my parents laughed almost in horror when she mentioned her co-workers name. Of course my brother's mother-in-law had no idea why they all reacted the way they did, and it still not stop her from trying to set me up with her co-worker. But to this day, and probably till the end of times, there is a certain first name that, when brought up in the company of ANY of my 12 brothers and sisters, their wives and husbands and my parents, will always typically result in an uproar of laughter at the thought of me dating someone with that name.

So there is a definately a lot in a name as far as my family is concerned laughing laughing laughing
May 29th 2014 new
So what's the name??? Don't tell me -- it's Rachel, isn't it?
May 29th 2014 new
I would love to see any research about girl's names and the effects of the names in the grown woman's professional career. For example, a mother and father name their baby girl a very feminine name such as Lacey or Summer. How would Lacey and Summer progress through their professional career as a business woman, politician, lawyer or accountant etc with such feminine names? Would others (especially men) view them as knowledgeable in their field, skilled, effective, a strong leader and aggressive enough to make the hard decisions? Would it be more difficult to reach the top of their field than other woman whose names are less feminine?
May 29th 2014 new
No , but interestingly enough, all of the letters of her name can be found in yours ROFL
May 29th 2014 new
um, Rachelle? Charlotte? ? ?
May 29th 2014 new
Having seen from your pictures that you are faimliar with the game of "MasterMind" I will offer the following hints scratchchin

"Rachelle"
4 of the letters are correct but only 2 of them are both correct and in the proper order.

"Charlotte"
4 of the letters are both correct and in the proper order

As an additional hint, only one of the letters repeats itself in the name.
Posts 1 - 10 of 53