Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

I've never tried donuts with beer but I've heard about it before. I've been to Canada before but never saw anyone having a warm donut and an ice cold one. I am once again going to Canada in the future, and I plan on looking for it. Am I going to find people in donut shops with a donut and a beer in the morning? Do donut shops offer beer or do bars offer donuts, or both? Is this more myth than reality? biggrin

May 31st 2014 new
I don't know about donuts and beer but folks from SW Ohio (me, originally from SW Ohio) like topping spaghetti with chili, beans, onions and a mountain of shredded cheese! LOL laughing thumbsup lil mikie
May 31st 2014 new
Hello,

No, not with beer; just with coffee. Bars don't sell donuts, or at least none I have ever seen and our provincial liquor laws don't allow fast food joints to sell any alcoholic beverages.

Cheers,

Michael
May 31st 2014 new
(quote) Bridget-884672 said: I don't know about donuts and beer but folks from SW Ohio (me, originally from SW Ohio) like topping spaghetti with chili, beans, onions and a mountain of shredded cheese! LOL
Change the spaghetti to campanelle (a trumpet-shaped pasta to better hold the chili, especially when cold) and you have a great meal there!

May 31st 2014 new
(quote) Bridget-884672 said: I don't know about donuts and beer but folks from SW Ohio (me, originally from SW Ohio) like topping spaghetti with chili, beans, onions and a mountain of shredded cheese! LOL
Hi Bridget, wave
Must be a regional Northern thang, cause we like to top our pasta the same way. Yum Yum!!

Now about that donut and beer thang....I live directly across the river from Canada and have visited to many times to count and I don't ever recall seeing beer and donuts consumed together. But hey, you could start a new trend. The Canadians would chalk it up to the weird Calif. thang. laughing laughing wink shhh
May 31st 2014 new
(quote) John-96761 said: I've never tried donuts with beer but I've heard about it before. I've been to Canada before but never saw anyone having a warm donut and an ice cold one. I am once again going to Canada in the future, and I plan on looking for it. Am I going to find people in donut shops with a donut and a beer in the morning? Do donut shops offer beer or do bars offer donuts, or both? Is this more myth than reality?

I've heard Canadians like donuts and that they like beer, but never that they liked them together. Just the thought is making me queasy! But, then again, I can't stand even the smell of beer.

May 31st 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said:  Just the thought is making me queasy! But, then again, I can't stand even the smell of beer.

what is it w/that smell, why cann't they find something to gravitate like perfume maybe then again it is geared to certain group .... you figure in this modern technology in this millenium they would tackle the total disgusted smell but again maybe that is what draws them to drink it ... crossfingers scratchchin
May 31st 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: I've heard Canadians like donuts and that they like beer, but never that they liked them together. Just the thought is making me queasy! But, then again, I can't stand even the smell of beer.

I can tolerate the smell of beer, but I don't drink the stuff.

I suppose I should tell y'all the story .... when I was young growing up in the Detroit community of Grandmont, I was at a block party one summer .... looking for something to drink, I sampled some punch from one of the dispensers they had out. Didn't like the punch. Next to it was a beer keg -- but being young and ignorant, I didn't know what a beer keg was.

You can perhaps guess what happened next. Sampled the beer, was disgusted, and poured it out.

Beer has not passed my lips since that day. laughing laughing laughing (Except maybe as an ingredient in batter for fried fish!)
May 31st 2014 new
Beer and donuts TOGETHER? Yuk. Never seen this combo consumed.
Is there a nationality that doesn't like beer? (Saudi Arabians don't count in answering this question......)
May 31st 2014 new
According to Ben Franklin, Beer is proof that God loves us.

Just as it says in the old polka song, In heaven there is no beer. That's why we drink it here.

But with donuts? Should have a big kielbasa with mustard, and beer. Had it for Breakfast in a Prague train station. The breakfast of champions.
Posts 1 - 10 of 48