Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Not Annulled = Home Alone?

Jun 2nd 2014 new
This is also posted in 45+

Is it wrong to date..." divorced-working on annulment"? Dinner, movie, no dirty dancing or hanky panky!!

Seems like the time could be spent getting to know one another while waiting.
Jun 2nd 2014 new
Would you date someone before a civil divorce was finalized? They are essentially the same question, except that an annulment formally recognizes that a marriage never existed in the eyes of God, not just in the eyes of the law, which hopefully we can agree is a far more serious matter.

What will you do if you form a serious attachment to someone and the annulment is not granted?
Jun 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Pamela-880383 said: Would you date someone before a civil divorce was finalized? They are essentially the same question, except that an annulment formally recognizes that a marriage never existed in the eyes of God, not just in the eyes of the law, which hopefully we can agree is a far more serious matter.

What will you do if you form a serious attachment to someone and the annulment is not granted?
I'm a "never been" so, haven't dealt with either , really. Does an annulment mean everything was premarital sex? Are children of such a union, orphans,illegitimate, what?
Not sure what I would do, I am in no danger presently!
Jun 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Joe-1086890 said: I'm a "never been" so, haven't dealt with either , really. Does an annulment mean everything was premarital sex? Are children of such a union, orphans,illegitimate, what?
Not sure what I would do, I am in no danger presently!
Okay, the last one may prove I should be in bed at 1 am instead of posting!

This is a buffet line......

Divorced payed full price but can't eat anything ?

I am a "never-been", I am so hungry my stomach is growling,but, a bunch of the good stuff is out of reach ?

Annulled has already been through the line once, and now is back being very picky? weeping

Jun 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Joe-1086890 said: Okay, the last one may prove I should be in bed at 1 am instead of posting!

I am a "never-been", I am so hungry my stomach is growling,but, a bunch of the good stuff is out of reach ?

Annulled has already been through the line once, and now is back being very picky?

Except that it's not a buffet line, it's people's eternal souls Marriage isn't grabbing something from the buffet line, it's about self-giving.
Jun 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: Except that it's not a buffet line, it's people's eternal souls Marriage isn't grabbing something from the buffet line, it's about self-giving.
My post was not aimed at marriage itself, but at this website we fund.

Everyone is encouraged to pay, some are told not to participate, some are "look but don't touch", most must work in finance, where a 5% return is doing well nowadays!
Jun 3rd 2014 new
It's not the same as pre-marital sex even though the couple wasn't sacramentally married - there was a presumption of marriage and for a mortal sin to be committed, you must commit of your own free will and with full knowledge that you are committing a sin. If you believe you are married to a person and are sharing a marital embrace with them but later find out that that was not the case, you were not doing so with full knowledge of the situation.

Children conceived in such a relationship are likewise legitimate in the eyes of the Church and their sacraments (Baptism, Confirmation, etc.) valid since they were in good faith. Only the sacrament of marriage between the spouses is affected to my knowledge. Beyond that, this is where the guidance of a good and holy priest comes in.
Jun 4th 2014 new
(quote) Joe-1086890 said: My post was not aimed at marriage itself, but at this website we fund.

Everyone is encouraged to pay, some are told not to participate, some are "look but don't touch", most must work in finance, where a 5% return is doing well nowadays!
Okay, I see what you mean. I'm sorry I misunderstood you. Members who are divorced but have not had their marriage annulled are encouraged to use CM for purposes of friendship.
Jun 5th 2014 new
(quote) Joe-1086890 said: Okay, the last one may prove I should be in bed at 1 am instead of posting!

Annulled has already been through the line once, and now is back being very picky?

Presumably those who are divorced without an annulment have read the CM terms and conditions, which prohibit them from using the site for dating/romantic purposes, before paying the membership fee andd id so because they found enough value in the remainder of the many site features they are permitted to use.

Jun 5th 2014 new
(quote) Joe-1086890 said: My post was not aimed at marriage itself, but at this website we fund.

CM provides a set of features and is quite clear up-front that some are restricted based on the members marital status. We are all adults and presumably responsible enough to read the terms and conditions of use prior to deciding to pay.

CM could prevent those who are not free to marry in the Church from joining at all. They did not take that route because the site offers a variety of features that can be used to develop one's faith and to find fellowship with other Catholics without dating.

There are many divorced members who use the site within the guidelines for their marital status and are quite happy with the value it provides.

Posts 1 - 10 of 59