Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jun 4th 2014 new
"Viva Cristo Rey! Viva la Virgin de Guadalupe!" was the war cry. Actual eye witness descriptions of the persecution of Catholics and the Church in Mexico (circa 1917-1926), especially of the Blessed Sacrament, priests and religious, by the Federales (Mexican Federal Police). The REAL revolutionaries were not the Cristeros but the anti-Catholic, Masonic regime. USA government support. The Vatican's interdict was a protective effort because the persecution was so vicious. In the countryside the war of the Cristiada began on August 3, 1924.The women were instrumental. When the war was declared ended the persecution escalated and the remaining Cristeros were hunted.
Jun 4th 2014 new
You know well that it is indeed already upon us.
Jun 4th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-755074 said: You know well that it is indeed already upon us.
Which is why, we need to stay united as Catholics, and avoid division where and when possible. Thank you, Bernard for reminding us of that terrible time in history. There is a movie about the Cristeros called For Greater Glory. Excellent movie!

www.youtube.com
Jun 4th 2014 new
(quote) Nilda-834707 said: Which is why, we need to stay united as Catholics, and avoid division where and when possible. Thank you, Bernard for reminding us of that terrible time in history. There is a movie about the Cristeros called For Greater Glory. Excellent movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKeOHZ9NWao
smile I have seen it.Great Movie.
Jun 5th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSBuTlVSh3Q

While we were trying to educate people on what could happen if Obama were re-elected to a second term, I was talking with my pastor and he was very worried about the possibility of clergy being persecuted and killed. He pointed out it hadn't been that many years since it happened in Mexico. He also shared what his grandma in Germany went through. She would hide a crucifix in the stable so while she was milking the cows she could look at it. She felt the Nazi's wouldn't want to go in her stable. My German sister-in-law saw her mother being interrogated when she was 9 months pregnant because of her faith. Yes, it can happen to us here. Little by little we are having are rights taken away and the public is being lied to continuously and desensitized to the point they don't know who or what to believe.

Jun 5th 2014 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said:

While we were trying to educate people on what could happen if Obama were re-elected to a second term, I was talking with my pastor and he was very worried about the possibility of clergy being persecuted and killed. He pointed out it hadn't been that many years since it happened in Mexico. He also shared what his grandma in Germany went through. She would hide a crucifix in the stable so while she was milking the cows she could look at it. She felt the Nazi's wouldn't want to go in her stable. My German sister-in-law saw her mother being interrogated when she was 9 months pregnant because of her faith. Yes, it can happen to us here. Little by little we are having are rights taken away and the public is being lied to continuously and desensitized to the point they don't know who or what to believe.

This is not in any way to take faway from the horrible Jewish slaughter in Nazi Germany, But thousands of Catholics were killed for their faith.

www.catholic.com

Jun 5th 2014 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said:

Your pastor was worried about clergy being persecuted and killed? Where?
Jun 5th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-875732 said: Your pastor was worried about clergy being persecuted and killed? Where?
In this country.
Jun 5th 2014 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said: In this country.
Why? I've never heard of such a thing. Was this an election thing? If so I don't want to replow that ground. Most Catholics weren't convinced and voted for Obama.
Posts 1 - 10 of 57