Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Do you have a grandchild who has a name you despise?
Jun 6th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Do you have a grandchild who has a name you despise?
Hortense? Hazel? Brunhilde? Winifred?
Jun 6th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Hortense? Hazel? Brunhilde? Winifred?
Ftatateeta (from G.B. Shaw's Caesar and Cleopatra)
Jun 6th 2014 new
Pick a term of endearment like "Honeybun," and maybe it'll stick.
Jun 6th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Ftatateeta (from G.B. Shaw's Caesar and Cleopatra)
Yikes! shocked
Jun 6th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Ftatateeta (from G.B. Shaw's Caesar and Cleopatra)
G.B. Shaw's Caesar and Cleopatra
Full movie for the curious:
www.youtube.com

Interesting movie. Kinda "stage-y".
Palace intrigue and murder, but otherwise fairly tame.
Caesar as the great civilizer to the barbaric and infantile Egyptians.
"Ftatateeta"? I'd've never spelled it that way. laughing
But you spelled it right! thumbsup

Peter,

You think Brunhilde is a bad name? It's a good German name. Ja ist ja wundershoen!!

Robert

PS. Germanly speaking of course.

Jun 7th 2014 new
My mother hated the name I gave my oldest daughter -- Catherine Elizabeth -- because I called her Cathy for a nickname. She refused to acknowledge that it really truly was her name. She called her Cassie Lilybeth instead and wrote it on all her things too! She and my father also hated my oldest son's name -- Alan Joseph -- because they were afraid I'd nickname him AJ which was my father's father's name, and they were estranged -- I had never even heard the name so definitely did not name him after unknown grandfather!
Jun 7th 2014 new
(quote) Robert-863708 said:

Peter,

You think Brunhilde is a bad name? It's a good German name. Ja ist ja wundershoen!!

Robert

PS. Germanly speaking of course.

My dad's side was German- his name was Hugo, and his mother was Winifred nicknamed Winnie. Not sure if the latter is German. You don't see those names today. My dad's uncle Christopher, a Catholic priest, advised him to go east and marry an Irish girl because "We Germans are just too serious." He did just that, although my dad had the greater sense of humor.
Jun 7th 2014 new
I had an acquaintance that refused to name her children with a name that can be shortened or have a common nickname. For example, she would not use a name like Catherine (Cathy) or David (Dave).
Posts 1 - 10 of 17