Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Hello, all. I enjoy watching Catholic faith based movies, and I would like to know of any I should watch. Also, which ones to avoid and why. Thanks. theheart
Jun 6th 2014 new
the passion of the Christ and Letter to God 2 good catholic movies i recall that made me cry while watching...
Jun 6th 2014 new
(quote) Abbey-937473 said: the passion of the Christ and Letter to God 2 good catholic movies i recall that made me cry while watching...
I like The Rite, Bells of St. Marys, Mary of Nazareth-at some theaters now...Ignatius Press sells quite few: one about St. John Bosco, another about St. Rita...they have quite a list.
Jun 6th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: I like The Rite, Bells of St. Marys, Mary of Nazareth-at some theaters now...Ignatius Press sells quite few: one about St. John Bosco, another about St. Rita...they have quite a list.
The list I gave may or may not be 'Catholic' movies...in the truest sense of the word. Oh and Song of Bernadette is nice too, Miracle of the Sun and Miracle of Marcelino.
Jun 6th 2014 new
Ignatius Press's DVD of St. Teresa of Avila. www.ignatius.com

In a book discussion group I attend, we're watching the video to supplement our study of St. Teresa's writings and I was surprised to see how excellent it is. It covers her evolution as a mystic to her efforts at reforming the Caremelite order to its original observance of austerity.

Jun 6th 2014 new

I thought "The Greatest Story Ever Told" was a great movie. Course I have always liked Max Von Sydow as an actor.

That movie had a lot of prominent actors in it.

I'll never forget the moment when Jesus (Sydow) commanded Uriah (Sal Mineo) to walk!

Jun 6th 2014 new
Oh, this one on Hildegard von Bingen is "meh".
ww.amazon.com/Vision-From-Life-Hildegard-Bingen/dp/B004KCAYXC/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1402074822&sr=1-1&keywords=hildegard+von+bingen+dvd

I only got about 1/2 way through it, and although it's beautifully filmed, it didn't emphasize her spirituality enough. It portrayed her knowledge of medicine and herbalism. To be fair, I suppose in medieval times the spheres of knowledge were not separated- theology, medicine, music....

Jun 6th 2014 new
(quote) Abbey-937473 said: the passion of the Christ and Letter to God 2 good catholic movies i recall that made me cry while watching...
Thanks, Abbey. I'll make a note to watch Letter to God. The Passion of Christ moved me to tears too. I read The Dolorous Passion of Christ by Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich, which I believe the movie is based on.
Jun 6th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: The list I gave may or may not be 'Catholic' movies...in the truest sense of the word. Oh and Song of Bernadette is nice too, Miracle of the Sun and Miracle of Marcelino.
I've seen all you have listed, Meg. I though all of them are good. Thanks for sharing.
Jun 6th 2014 new
(quote) Sara-979131 said: Ignatius Press's DVD of St. Teresa of Avila. http://www.ignatius.com/Products/STOA-M/st-teresa-of-avila.aspx

In a book discussion group I attend, we're watching the video to supplement our study of St. Teresa's writings and I was surprised to see how excellent it is. It covers her evolution as a mystic to her efforts at reforming the Caremelite order to its original observance of austerity.

Excellent movie that has been shown on EWTN several times. I would love to own it.
Posts 1 - 10 of 88