Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Several years ago I was dating a wonderful person who was an "ex" Catholic. She was still very religious regularly attending one of the local "mega-churches" Sundays for services and Wednesdays for Bible study. We discussed religion while we were dating and there was no way she would come back to the Catholic Church. She had two previous marriages that would have been a mess to untangle if she went through the annulment process. She invited me to attend services with her which I did because I thought I was in love. I even bought a new NIV bible. I was ready to throw my Catholic faith into the dumpster for this new relationship. Fortunately, the relationship did not work out and I didn't stray away too long. Looking back on this, I am amazed that I would have tossed out my faith so quickly and easily for a new, exciting relationship. Have you ever been tempted to leave the Catholic Church for a new relationship?

Jun 7th new
Nope. Never. Been there, done that. Don't do it! Can I hear an AMEN.
Jun 7th new
I would not, but I have known some women that did only to find out later it was a big mistake and returned to the catholic church.
Jun 7th new
I was very tempted with my last boyfriend because I was crazy in love with him, but we broke up instead. Living without him hurt a lot, but I can't be happy being cut off from the Church. If someone is drawing you away from your faith, they aren't someone you should marry. So, although I understand the temptation, no, I wouldn't leave the Catholic Church for a new relationship or for anyone.
Jun 7th new
Nope! I ain't goin' nowhere! This is where I belong. A man can choose to take the journey with me, or I'm going it alone without him! rose
Jun 7th new
Nope nada never! Not going anywhere! This is my home and here I shall stay. I have had men try to talk me into leaving for various reasons but instead I left them! Glad you all stayed! Praying hug rose theheart
Jun 7th new
(quote) Rich-1086685 said: Have you ever been tempted to leave the Catholic Church for a new relationship?

A thousand times no! But I did have an occasion a couple years ago to consider whether I might want to marry a non-Catholic in the Catholic Church. It turns out I don't. want to.
Jun 7th new
Hi Rich,

Can't say that I have ever been tempted to leave my faith for a fella.
Jun 7th new
Love me, love my Church.

I wouldn't leave the faith for anything: not love, not money, neither threats nor consequences.
Jun 7th new
This is turning into a great thread for professing our love for our faith! theheart
Posts 1 - 10 of 150