Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

45 +, what about 55+ ?

Jun 8th 2014 new
There seem to be a lot of folks in here that are over fifty. A 45 person is still a kid to someone in their sixties. Is there an interest for a 55+ forum?
Jun 8th 2014 new
(quote) Edward-1080151 said: There seem to be a lot of folks in here that are over fifty. A 45 person is still a kid to someone in their sixties. Is there an interest for a 55+ forum?
Hi Ed, wave

This has been discussed in the past but the Admin decided the 45+ and 45 and under room was the best way to go as neither room gets a lot of traffic. biggrin rose
Jun 8th 2014 new
......besides, I still think of myself as young....even if the "youngsters" don't see me that way. No need in drawing attention to our "mature" status! wink laughing laughing shhh muted
Jun 8th 2014 new
(quote) Linda-624584 said: ......besides, I still think of myself as young....even if the "youngsters" don't see me that way. No need in drawing attention to our "mature" status!
clap .
Jun 8th 2014 new
YES! Great idea.

Jun 8th 2014 new
(quote) Linda-624584 said: ......besides, I still think of myself as young....even if the "youngsters" don't see me that way. No need in drawing attention to our "mature" status!
Yes, even at my age of 62 some people thought I am still "youngster".
Jun 8th 2014 new
Edward,
Great Idea!
How do we implement it?
Jun 8th 2014 new
As Linda pointed out, CM admin made the decision not too long ago to streamline the number of forum rooms. This was to make the site more user-friendly, in that individual threads would be easier to find, and that there would be less scrolling to find the room in which you were interested.

The creation of additional separate rooms is problematic, because there are all sort of cut-offs to consider to be fair to all members. Should there be rooms for under 30, a 30-40, a 35-45, a 45-55, a 55-65? Then you get into the problem of too many rooms again.

While things may change one day, I would not be very optimistic about the prospects of adding additional forum rooms. Having said that, there is nothing preventing the 55+ or the 65+ crowd from starting individual threads within the 45+ room. For example, while there are exceptions, most people in their late 40s are not retired, but most over 65 are, and thread titles like "Have you travelled with a seniors group tour / gone on a seniors cruise?" or "What do you grandchildren do or say that makes you laugh?' are aimed at an audience with more life experience.

Jun 9th 2014 new

No way.

First, I am "37 and holding". Battling eyelashes White knuckles, perhaps, but if CM's system didn't require it, my age wouldn't be on here.

Second, in my experience, for women, at least, there's no difference between 45+ and 55+: you are still dead in the water.

Jun 9th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said:

No way.

First, I am "37 and holding". White knuckles, perhaps, but if CM's system didn't require it, my age wouldn't be on here.

Second, in my experience, for women, at least, there's no difference between 45+ and 55+: you are still dead in the water.

Actually, you are 39 (albeit not holding). In hexadecimal (base 16) lil mikie

Posts 1 - 10 of 41