Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Jun 7th 2014 new
(quote) Harry-1056535 said: My to be ex-wife's attorney took every little thing she said to him and in no uncertain terms abused me in a way that absolutely crushed me - they were misrepresented half truths designed to break me down. I was intimidated, bullied and threatened. This attorney did so while I was without an attorney and we were outside the court room. I foolishly without counsel went to introduce myself the first time we met. Ugly.
Divorce lawyers are at the bottom of the professional barrel. Many of them actually thrive on these ugly scenes and emotions.
Jun 8th 2014 new
(quote) Joanna-615441 said: This is where the misunderstanding about God's will comes in. There is God's perfect will (that which, if followed leads us to love, Him and joy). Then there is God's permissive will (where He allows things to happen, because of our free will, but brings good out of the situation). If the relationship is bad or harmful, then absolutely it is His will for it to end, He has only His best for us. You see, God is outside of time. Everything in our lives (past, present, future) is present to Him. That is why I pray for Him to heal me as a little girl, so I can be the woman He created me to be.
In all things He calls us to "love" with His love which is agape love. It doesn't mean to endure something harmful. If we find ourselves in that situation, we are called to detach in love and trust the other person to Him, because He loves them too. In all my learning experience for this last relationship, I have truly learned to love more and not allow rejection to wound me.
Blessings

Well said Joanna, I will add my 2 cents. It's not good to say that it's God's will after someone has died. But in finding your mate, If you do believe that God is leading you in life, then yes you would have to believe a relationship that has ended is God' will for you and the other person. We don't know the plans that God has in our lives or their lives. The thought is you want the best for the other person and have to realize that may not be you as they are not the best person for you. You learn and grow and become a better person. It's not about dating but Courtship! Mother Mary pray for us.

Jul 20th 2014 new
I have always gotten into the best shape of my life after a breakup. It still hurts, especially when you're the one getting dumped, but nothing helps your ego like being able to run a 5k or body sculp so you look and feel great. Give yourself time to grieve, learn from your mistakes, get in shape. After awhile you count your blessings that you dodged a bullet and move on.

Posts 31 - 33 of 33