Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I'm sure this has been discussed in here many times before but I'm new so excuse me for not knowing the ropes and those of you that do know your way around in here please indulge me.

Most of us get views but not "action". They liked something and wanted to know more so they checked you out and when the person looked at your profile and didn't find a suitable match, they moved on. Or perhaps they were just curious and wanted to know more about the person who posted a comment they found interesting.

Therefore, it is my assumption and I know it is dangerous to assume, that if the viewer is interested in starting a discussion, you would get a least a "Liked". If nothing comes, then to me, they just aren't interested and you should move one as well and ignore the "view".

Ladies and gents, is this correct?

Edward

Jun 8th new
Views are necessary to gather information and in no way require a response. A profile picture has the person's age and location, and that's it. Does she tower over me, call her 30 cats her "fur babies", attend Mass regularly? Only way to find out is to view her profile.
Jun 8th new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Views are necessary to gather information and in no way require a response. A profile picture has the person's age and location, and that's it. Does she tower over me, call her 30 cats her "fur babies", attend Mass regularly? Only way to find out is to view her profile.
See, Peter get's it! wave rose
Jun 8th new
Can't make any assumptions about a view, not even that it was intentional. I know I've inadvertently viewed profiles before , just trying to scroll up and down search lists on my phone embarassed

Jun 8th new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: Can't make any assumptions about a view, not even that it was intentional. I know I've inadvertently viewed profiles before , just trying to scroll up and down search lists on my phone

Same thing has happened with an uncooperative mouse.
Jun 9th new
I don't think that it count as interest, but I try to send a "Thank you" to men who view my profile. Doing this I got some replies and made few friends.
If I don't receive a reply it means that he is not interested, he just wanted to know more or was a mistake.
Jun 9th new
I agree-viewing a profile is just to gather info. After reading comments in the forums I view some of the profiles of those who have commented-just curious about them-their interests, occupations, etc. I do not contact everyone who views my profile but I think that is sweet. Perhaps I will do that in the future.
Jun 9th new
Edward, I try to read the profile of every view that I get, and respond with the minimum of a "Thanks for the view." We really need to strive for courtesy on this site (ie, if we are going to talk the talk as Catholic Christians we need to walk the walk and be polite to each other.) If you have any interest in a gal that has viewed you strike up a conversation about something in her profile. It doesn't mean you are proposing, it's a simple hello. Good luck!
Jun 10th new
How can you know if you are interested unless you view the profile and read the content? It is the same as with anything else. If I am reading the labels and contents of several competing products that I might want to buy, it does not mean that I want to buy all of them -- or even any of them.
Jun 10th new
(quote) Linda-624584 said: See, Peter get's it!
He sure does!
Posts 1 - 10 of 18