Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

With all of the scandals and missteps, including most recently: NSA, VA, IRS, Taliban Release, Benghazi, Ukraine, Syria, etc., does anyone who voted for Obama still support him now? If so, what are your reasons for continued support? If not, when was the turning point for you?
Jun 10th 2014 new
(quote) John-96761 said: With all of the scandals and missteps, including most recently: NSA, VA, IRS, Taliban Release, Benghazi, Ukraine, Syria, etc., does anyone who voted for Obama still support him now? If so, what are your reasons for continued support? If not, when was the turning point for you?
I voted for Obama twice. Not too eagerly the second time, but what choice did I have really. I'm disappointed but have not abandoned him or the Democratic Party (please don't call it the "Democrat Party." That's childish.) What other choice do I have? That's what makes me sad about modern American politics. What other choice do I have? I mean, Eric Cantor lost a primary tonight because he wasn't sufficiently far to the right? Good God.
Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) Jim-875732 said: I voted for Obama twice. Not too eagerly the second time, but what choice did I have really. I'm disappointed but have not abandoned him or the Democratic Party (please don't call it the "Democrat Party." That's childish.) What other choice do I have? That's what makes me sad about modern American politics. What other choice do I have? I mean, Eric Cantor lost a primary tonight because he wasn't sufficiently far to the right? Good God.
In my opinion, its not possible to trust Obama at this point. This includes the recent example of not telling Congress about the Taliban Release even though the law is that they need to be notified before a transfer occurs. I guess the law is not important to Obama. Even Democrats are complaining about this. Once trust is lost, there is nothing left.

I never voted for him because he lost me with his support of abortion. To support that no human is being killed, pro-abortionists have to believe that life begins at birth, which is false.

Jun 11th 2014 new

Welfare Recipient: "I Get to Sit Home... I Get to Smoke Weed... We Still Gonna Get Paid"

www.youtube.com
Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Welfare Recipient: "I Get to Sit Home... I Get to Smoke Weed... We Still Gonna Get Paid" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_r_v9cYBPY

Well, Bernard, I'm not here to talk about policy, but if you want to have a conversation about Welfare Queens - and you want it to have balance and perspective - you need to post a big headline about Welfare Kings of Industry. I am sure that you are aware that corporate welfare recipients extract a much larger share of taxpayer subsidization. After all, giving is giving.

Oh, John, about Obama. I still like him, he inherited a messy, complex world. (And messy and complex also applies to Washington, DC.) Really all I want to say about it.

Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) John-96761 said: With all of the scandals and missteps, including most recently: NSA, VA, IRS, Taliban Release, Benghazi, Ukraine, Syria, etc., does anyone who voted for Obama still support him now? If so, what are your reasons for continued support? If not, when was the turning point for you?
I do sympathize with the plight of President Obama in regard to Federal money matters. He did inherit a mess from his predecessor. After President Clinton's Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 got things back on track toward a balanced budget, but then things got REALLY messy with President G.W. Bush. That's objectively NOT President Obama's fault, and IS a huge obstacle to overcome.

I do not agree with how Pres. Obama is reportedly dealing with the issue, by continuing military engagements and presence overseas, and overseeing bail-outs of failed businesses, to name a few examples. His treatment of social issues is abhorrent to me at this point: the expansion of Federal funding for "welfare" assistance, continuing Federal funding of murder, making new Federal standards for medical insurance coverage (or else laughing ), giving Federal subsidies for medical insurance, making Federal standards for public schooling (though Pres. Bush did this as well), etc. It's a bit odd that we've got less than NO money (as a nation) and the President is not deterred in his spending.

On top of that, continuing the losing wars and even engaging in new wars to help our enemies seems very poor military strategy. It's all very strange, especially when paired with all of the scandals which have come up. I can't help but keep coming back to this: Why are we continuing the wars we've already lost??

That said, I don't know if I can name a President who did not serve the country amidst scandals (even having an association to or a hand in these), making bad policy decisions and immoral decisions. I really wonder WHY, though, President Obama wanted the distinction the second time around, since this can't look good overall on his resume.
Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Well, Bernard, I'm not here to talk about policy, but if you want to have a conversation about Welfare Queens - and you want it to have balance and perspective - you need to post a big headline about Welfare Kings of Industry. I am sure that you are aware that corporate welfare recipients extract a much larger share of taxpayer subsidization. After all, giving is giving.

Oh, John, about Obama. I still like him, he inherited a messy, complex world. (And messy and complex also applies to Washington, DC.) Really all I want to say about it.

It amazes me that anyone could vote for Obama,who is a big supporter of a Woman's right to murder her own baby.Then turn around and claim to be for Human Rights,like Progressives do.Who is more innocent,than a baby in it's Mother's womb.How can people sleep at night when they vote this way.How can they dare approach the Body and Blood of Jesus in the Eucharist,when they are complicit in the murder of so many innocent Human Babies lives.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Matthew 5:21
"You have heard that it was said to them of old: Thou shalt not kill. And whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment."

Abortion - Excommunication

"The way the excommunication for abortion works is this.

Canon 1398 provides that, "a person who procures a successful abortion incurs an automatic (latae sententiae) excommunication." This means that at the very moment that the abortion is successfully accomplished, the woman and all formal conspirators are excommunicated.

An abortion is defined as "the killing of the foetus, in whatever way or at whatever time from the moment of conception" (Pontifical Council for the Interpretation of Legislative Texts, published in the "Acts of the Apostolic See" vol. 80 (1988), 1818). This definition applies to any means, including drugs, by which a human being present in the woman is killed. Thus, once a woman knows she is pregnant the intentional killing of the new life within her is not only murder but an excommunicable offense. A woman who only thinks she might be pregnant has a grave responsibility to find out and to protect the possible life within. Any action to end a "possible" pregnancy while probably not an excommunicable offense would be callous disregard for life and gravely sinful."

www.ewtn.com

"Canon 915 of the 1983 edition of the Code of Canon Law says, Those obstinately persevering in manifest grave sin are not to be admitted to holy communion. Among those who have automatically incurred this penalty, according to the 2004 memorandum from Cardinal Ratzinger, are those politicians who are publicly in formal cooperation with the grave sin of abortion or euthanasia by consistently campaigning and voting for permissive abortion and euthanasia laws.

Archbishop Martin said, We must face the challenge of putting faith into practice in our lives, and have the courage to follow our informed conscience, no matter what the consequences might be."

And in this vital case our conscience has to be informed by our communion with the Bread of Life, by the commandment Thou shalt not kill, and by the fundamental Christian belief in the sacredness of all human life.

www.lifesitenews.com.

Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) John-96761 said: In my opinion, its not possible to trust Obama at this point. This includes the recent example of not telling Congress about the Taliban Release even though the law is that they need to be notified before a transfer occurs. I guess the law is not important to Obama. Even Democrats are complaining about this. Once trust is lost, there is nothing left.

I never voted for him because he lost me with his support of abortion. To support that no human is being killed, pro-abortionists have to believe that life begins at birth, which is false.

John

I have never voted for a pro-choice candidate even in the local elections so obviously I did not vote for President Obama who is pro-choice and even has been OK with partial-birth abortions in his Senate voting record.

Jun 11th 2014 new
I offer prayers of support to every President of the United States regardless of whether they received my vote.

Don't you?
Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) Mark-837345 said: I offer prayers of support to every President of the United States regardless of whether they received my vote.

Don't you?
This Pastor in Arizona prayed for Barack Obama but not in a good way.

www.youtube.com

Posts 1 - 10 of 200