Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Fear Factor

Jun 10th new
What was the most adventurous thing you've done that you were so afraid to do but did it anyway? Or something you would like to experience?

As for me, I've always been fascinated with people who sky dive. I would like to experience that in the future but don't know exactly what I would feel when I'm about to jump off the plane! But that would be an experience of a lifetime! biggrin
Jun 10th new
(quote) Jenny-1062768 said: What was the most adventurous thing you've done that you were so afraid to do but did it anyway? Or something you would like to experience?

As for me, I've always been fascinated with people who sky dive. I would like to experience that in the future but don't know exactly what I would feel when I'm about to jump off the plane! But that would be an experience of a lifetime!
Funny you mentioned that, Jenny. I had an offer to do a tandem jump but didn't do it; I would like to but I am really on the fence about it. I have a friend who has jumped twice and she really, really enjoyed it.
Jun 11th new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: Funny you mentioned that, Jenny. I had an offer to do a tandem jump but didn't do it; I would like to but I am really on the fence about it. I have a friend who has jumped twice and she really, really enjoyed it.
That's a great offer, Meg! Why don't you try it? At least you have someone to jump with. I definitely cannot do it alone. Go for it! Then let us know your experience!!! So exciting! biggrin
Jun 12th new
Jumped off the 2nd story roof of an apartment building into a pool....with my best friend.
Jun 12th new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said: Jumped off the 2nd story roof of an apartment building into a pool....with my best friend.
Wow, Jerry! So brave of you! I would never try something like that! How did you feel after the jump? wink
Jun 12th new
(quote) Jenny-1062768 said: Wow, Jerry! So brave of you! I would never try something like that! How did you feel after the jump?

I didn't feel brave. I felt sort of .....relieved....and vowed I'd never do it again. My good friend....Jim did too.

What was scary about all of it.....was the pool looked of course smaller. And it seemed as though it was right below the apartments with the way the roof hung over the deck area. But in reality, the pool was at least 15 feet from the apartments....so he and I had to make a GOOD running jump.

Want to know how I feel now? Stupid! (I'm sure my Guardian Angel was having a coronary!)

Jun 12th new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I didn't feel brave. I felt sort of .....relieved....and vowed I'd never do it again. My good friend....Jim did too.

What was scary about all of it.....was the pool looked of course smaller. And it seemed as though it was right below the apartments with the way the roof hung over the deck area. But in reality, the pool was at least 15 feet from the apartments....so he and I had to make a GOOD running jump.

Want to know how I feel now? Stupid! (I'm sure my Guardian Angel was having a coronary!)

Well, at least you survived the jump! Some adventures look easy but the feeling is different once you're already about to do it. Yaiks! haha... I do enjoy zipline. I haven't tried the longest and highest in our country. Maybe when I have the chance to travel again. biggrin
Jun 12th new

"Zip-lining" does appear to be fun. And it used to be appealing to me to make a parachute jump. Not anymore.

My best friend has done it though......was 56 the first time he tried it.

I remember going up in another friend's private plane...years ago. It was fun. For awhile I was flying it alone. But when it came to landing it....even he, an experienced pilot had trouble keeping the darn thing down. (those aircraft are so light they want to KEEP FLYING)

Jun 12th new
(quote) Jenny-1062768 said: What was the most adventurous thing you've done that you were so afraid to do but did it anyway? Or something you would like to experience?

As for me, I've always been fascinated with people who sky dive. I would like to experience that in the future but don't know exactly what I would feel when I'm about to jump off the plane! But that would be an experience of a lifetime!
I repelled down a mountain in VA. I knew I wanted to do it, but then became immobilized with fear. There was a man in our hiking group that talked me through it. It was an amazing experience once I stepped off the edge.
Jun 12th new
i tried to rappel when i was younger and it was fun! i tried both mountains and school buildings the only scary part is the first step (off the edge) at the top. thumbsup

I also did and like ziplining (tried sitting and standing position), tried river crossing using ropes only no harness, tried crossing a long hanging bridge, sand surfing and it is a bit scary at first! but made it! thumbsup

hopefully to try sky dive someday! smile
Posts 1 - 10 of 67