Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Profile help

Jun 10th 2014 new
Is there anyone in the Catholic Match team that helps FIX profiles to make them seem more appealing? I am so frustrated!
Jun 11th 2014 new
Tara,

I'm not sure that the CM team works on things like that,, but i know several Members have asked for help with their profile and many Members have responded back with favorable comments.
Maybe you can ask for Suggestions either here in a Forum setting or in Email? scratchchin Praying
Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) Tara-1015701 said: Is there anyone in the Catholic Match team that helps FIX profiles to make them seem more appealing? I am so frustrated!
I can attest that the CM staff loves to edit profiles whether you like it or not. rolling eyes
Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) Tara-1015701 said: Is there anyone in the Catholic Match team that helps FIX profiles to make them seem more appealing? I am so frustrated!
First advice: set a profile photo. Very few people take profiles without a photo into account.
Jun 12th 2014 new
Have a good friend take several dozen images of you (your facial expressions will not be natural with a stranger taking them) with a digital camera and NOT a phone or tablet. No flash, no bright sun which causes squinting or shadows across your face, no sunglasses. Preferably outdoors on a cloudy day for optimum lighting. Avoid distracting backgrounds. Cropped head and shoulders and full length. Some doing activities you enjoy, but don't "pose."

Load them into your computer and edit them down to the most flattering.

Just be yourself- those looking for perfection should be avoided like the plague. Smarter people than me can advise you on the rest!

Peace Dove
Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Have a good friend take several dozen images of you (your facial expressions will not be natural with a stranger taking them) with a digital camera and NOT a phone or tablet. No flash, no bright sun which causes squinting or shadows across your face, no sunglasses. Preferably outdoors on a cloudy day for optimum lighting. Avoid distracting backgrounds. Cropped head and shoulders and full length. Some doing activities you enjoy, but don't "pose."

Load them into your computer and edit them down to the most flattering.

Just be yourself- those looking for perfection should be avoided like the plague. Smarter people than me can advise you on the rest!

Peace
Great advice, Peter!! Pictures are very important.
Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Have a good friend take several dozen images of you...
What you can also do is record a video of yourself out and about running or something. Take it with a phone on a stand and then just take a snapshot from the video. I have a Samsung and it takes seemingly high quality videos and pics.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7