Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Patron Saint of....

Jun 11th 2014 new
...thought would be nice to find a patron saint for a CM member who is working way too hard on computer conversion.

So here is new thread... What patron saint do need to find today??

Patron Saint of Computer Geeks???

Jun 11th 2014 new

If work is giving you headache:

St. Teresa of Avila

Feastday: October 15

Patron of Headache sufferers
Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: ...thought would be nice to find a patron saint for a CM member who is working way too hard on computer conversion.

According to this source, the patron saint of computers and the internet is St. Isadore of Seville (d. 636 AD -- back around the time Atari hit the market :))
www.americancatholic.org

Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: According to this source, the patron saint of computers and the internet is St. Isadore of Seville (d. 636 AD -- back around the time Atari hit the market :))
http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/Saints/saint.aspx?id=1343

St. Isadore of Seville is also the Patron Saint of Bloggers which goes along with the computer geek/internet theme.
Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: ...thought would be nice to find a patron saint for a CM member who is working way too hard on computer conversion.

Do you think there is a patron saint for extreme introverts who God has blessed with many children?
Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Kimberlie-1059215 said: Do you think there is a patron saint for extreme introverts who God has blessed with many children?
Kimberlie we will have to call in saint experts for that one- Paul, Jack??
Jun 13th 2014 new
(quote) Kimberlie-1059215 said: Do you think there is a patron saint for extreme introverts who God has blessed with many children?
I'm not sure if there is one for that particular combination of attributes. But there are saints for particular aspects:

Patron Saints of mothers
Anne
Monica
Gerard Majella
Hilary of Poitiers

Patron Saints of adopted children
Clotilde
Thomas More
William of Rochester

Patron Saints of mothers/fathers/parents of large families
Adalbald of Ostrevant
Adelaide
Clotilde
Dagobert II
Dorothy of Montau
Edwin
Ferdinand III of Castille
Ivetta of Huy
Leonidas
Leopold
Louis IX
Margaret of Scotland
Matilda
Nicholas of Flue
Richard Gwyn
Thomas More
Vladimir

Note that some saints have patronages in multiple areas. For example, patrons for both large families and adopted children include:
Clotilde
Thomas More

As to "introverts", there are saints that may be appropriate for particular aspects:

Patron Saints against loneliness
Your guardian angel
Rita of Cascia

Saints who were Shy
Saint Therese of Lisieux
tinyurl.com (bull of canonization mentions her shyness)

St. Frances of Rome

Patron Saint against doubt
St Thomas

Patron Saint of Muteness
St. Drogo

Hopefully, some of the above may be what you are looking for.

Jack, thank you. I knew you would have all the right saints. I can probably put together a team and get them working on my side for the foreseeable future. hug
Jun 13th 2014 new
(quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: Patron Saint of Computer Geeks???

St. William of Gates? wink

Jun 14th 2014 new
Jack I think you are a walking Saint encyclopedia!! Thanks !
Posts 1 - 10 of 14