Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

An expensive lesson we should have learned from Vietnam, which fell as soon as we left. Iraq is just taking a little longer. Iran, anyone?

tinyurl.com
Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: An expensive lesson we should have learned from Vietnam, which fell as soon as we left. Iraq is just taking a little longer. Iran, anyone?

http://tinyurl.com/lrog4pt
One of the tenets of American foreign policy is the enemy of my enemy is my friend, Has not worked out very well. When we disposed Saddam Hussein, We simply empowered Iran, which is now an Islamic Theocracy due in part to the US backed coup against the prime minister of Iran in 1953, Who nationalized the oil companies.
Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: An expensive lesson we should have learned from Vietnam, which fell as soon as we left. Iraq is just taking a little longer. Iran, anyone?

http://tinyurl.com/lrog4pt

Yes, It seems that it is. And it is such a shame. Too bad. I really feel like

the Crusades are starting again.

Jun 11th 2014 new
It seems terrorists in all their various forms are creating a refugee crisis of a magnitude that will strain the resources of the civilized world. Above all we need prayer, I think.
Jun 11th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: It seems terrorists in all their various forms are creating a refugee crisis of a magnitude that will strain the resources of the civilized world. Above all we need prayer, I think.
What was the "Bush Doctrine" again? Weapons of Mass Dewstruction? Check. Destroy al-Quaeda? Check. Thousands of Americans dead and maimed? Check. I'm shocked. I'm awed. I'm disappointed in Americans for being so gung-ho and fearful of having their patriotrism questioned that they supported this tragic lunacy. Yes, Peter, we (Americans) need prayer.
Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: It seems terrorists in all their various forms are creating a refugee crisis of a magnitude that will strain the resources of the civilized world. Above all we need prayer, I think.
Hi Peter,

An interesting ITYS column today : pjmedia.com

For those with time, the comments are worth sifting.

Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Peter,

An interesting ITYS column today : http://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2014/06/11/the-day-of-reckoning/

For those with time, the comments are worth sifting.

What is ITYS?
Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: What is ITYS?
I told you so

The links to previous columns are interesting to compare with administration claims and projections, and some of the more well known political figures and pundidiots.
Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: I told you so

The links to previous columns are interesting to compare with administration claims and projections, and some of the more well known political figures and pundidiots.
Thanks, I already knew this was going to turn out this way.
Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: Thanks, I already knew this was going to turn out this way.
Hi Charles,

Could I ask how long have you thought that ? What facts, impressions, calculations, etc., led to that conclusion ?
Posts 1 - 10 of 37