Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

for this coming Father's Day. And in remembering my own Father.......

I sometimes wonder of the daunting task of providing for 7 children. And being available and able to listen to each of us if we had problems. No matter the occasion.....or the issue...he would make time to listen to all concerns.

He was strict too....in many ways but fair. "Crossing" him was something NONE of us did very often.

He was serious a lot of the time (and later told me if he appeared to be....it was the worry of the safety for 7 kids and 9 mouths to feed) But he was fun too.

My three brothers and I hunted, and fished with him....were taught sports...went to movies... served Mass with and did all the things a family did together. When my sisters had dates....he would insist on meeting the "young man" right away....and give him an "or else" if they were not home at a certain time!

When it came to his profession (mechanical engineer....at a contracting firm he and another man founded) he gave it everything he had...and many of the Catholic Churches' Pastors here in Dallas respected him so much.....many times they would not "let out for bid" some of the HVAC construction needed. (which sometimes in his words became a "curse" since he was the first one called when something became an issue!)

And he worked 17 years with the same partner who had his "hands in the till" Later I asked "Why Pop?" He said, "Because I was "check to check" raising the family and had NO time to look for something elsewhere" (my heart went out to him when I heard this as an adult) Later he realized a tidy sum from the sale of this company because he finally did leave...and the partner new he would have to square things with my Father's stock before selling it.

There's so much to say about "being a gentleman, being a fair/square shooter, doing things the right way, being such a good Catholic, being a loving husband for my Mom...and being a GREAT FATHER! (just not the room to do it here) So all I can say is "Happy Father's Day Pop!" l.y.j

And HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL CM DADS!!

Jun 12th new

Heavenly Father pour abundant blessing and graces to fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers, those who are not fathers, and godfathers increase in spiritual blessings and perseverance to lead and guide those who are entrusted in their care/protection.

St. Joseph please intercede on behalf of fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers, those who are not fathers, and godfathers at the throne of the Heavenly Father and Son, they continue to grow in love and self-sacrifice in their vocations to be faithful role model to nourish those entrusted in their care/protection ....

Jesus quench the repose of souls of fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers, and godfathers may perpetual light shine on them and eternal peace in the Heavenly Kingdom ....

HAPPY FATHERS DAY .

In loving gratitude ask through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary and God pour abundant graces and blessing throughout their lives . rose hug Praying Dove theheart rosary Dove rose rose rose

Jun 12th new
(quote) Genie-920495 said:

Heavenly Father pour abundant blessing and graces to fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers, those who are not fathers, and godfathers increase in spiritual blessings and perseverance to lead and guide those who are entrusted in their care/protection.

St. Joseph please intercede on behalf of fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers, those who are not fathers, and godfathers at the throne of the Heavenly Father and Son, they continue to grow in love and self-sacrifice in their vocations to be faithful role model to nourish those entrusted in their care/protection ....

Jesus quench the repose of souls of fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers, and godfathers may perpetual light shine on them and eternal peace in the Heavenly Kingdom ....

HAPPY FATHERS DAY .

In loving gratitude ask through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary and God pour abundant graces and blessing throughout their lives .

Thank you so much for this Genie!
Jun 12th new
(quote) Jerry-730726 said:

for this coming Father's Day. And in remembering my own Father..........

There's so much to say about "being a gentleman...
-and CM members know that this trait of being a gentleman rubbed off
on at least one of his sons, a fine testament to the memory of his father.
Jun 12th new
From the Donna Reed Show:

www.youtube.com
Jun 12th new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: From the Donna Reed Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQaK48KBn0
A celebrated scene. And doesn't Shelly Fabares cry so beautifully?
Jun 12th new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: A celebrated scene. And doesn't Shelly Fabares cry so beautifully?
And didn't she look exactly like her TV Mom ?
Jun 12th new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: And didn't she look exactly like her TV Mom ?
Good family resemblance, but Shelly was frankly without peer. She's the one who finally displaced Audrey Hepburn as what L'il Abner would have called "mah ideel!".
Jun 12th new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: From the Donna Reed Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDQaK48KBn0
I remember him singing that on an episode, Great song and a great show, Thanks for sharing.
Jun 12th new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: I remember him singing that on an episode, Great song and a great show, Thanks for sharing.
- and such an eloquent rendering of the feelings of so many toward their fathers.
Posts 1 - 10 of 72