Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I'm counting on you to help!

Jun 12th 2014 new
Here's why! I'm being followed by a number!!! I had never truly realized it until today, but the number 37 has been stalking me for several years now...it's true! I guess I never really wondered about it until today... while I was explaining something to my class, all of a sudden one of my students blurted out, "Ms. A you always say 37 when you explain stuff..." to which most of the rest of the class chimed in agreement commenting here and there and reminding me of times in which, indeed, I did use 37 as my for-instance numerical example. But it got weirder when suddenly one young lady pointed out we indeed were on page 37 in the novel we are reading and another kid remarked that so-and-so was wearing a sports jersey with a 37 on it! I just shook it off as silly coincidences, but throughout the rest of the day proceeded to actually ruminate all of the times over the past few years that I distinctly remember (which is weird in and of itself!!!) coming into contact with this number. So I began making a list of places where I was when this number popped up that was a bit stranger than usual: once when I had to pull over to fix my contact lens it was at mile-marker 37, once when I discovered money -yep $37- on the sidewalk when visiting my sister in her town, repeatedly waking up in the middle of the night (I have a dog who always seems to have to go out just at that time, and I guess well technically it's the morning too lol) and the minutes are ALWAYS showing 37...2:37, 4:37 etc., my last address had a 37 in it, I have 37 as part of my phone number and several of my account numbers, the largest class of 8th graders I ever taught was 37 students, when pulling a number for the deli it ALWAYS has a 37 in it,... Anyway when my list hit 30 I stopped because I was kind of freaking out that I might reach shhh ...37 lol. But this two digit number pops up seemingly insignificantly around me as well, on billboards, license plates, receipts, emails, clocks etc.

I guess what I'm getting at a novel later is, do you ever feel that God might be communicating with us through numbers? I am such a language-oriented person, I never truly pay attention to numbers all soo much, but this is just getting 'weird' to me. Do you think it's possible that perhaps there is a certain number(s) that always seem(s) to be around us to remind of us or lead us to something He wishes for us to know or do? I am definitely NOT connecting my 'phenomenon' to any sort of numerology/numerical occult, but can't help but think of just how meaningful and symbolic numbers are throughout the entire Bible, throughout our Liturgical calendars, throughout our Faith's sacramentals, history, literature, art...do you think that perhaps Christ could be communicating with us through numbers? Has anyone else ever felt this could be possible and discovered what a 'their' number meant? Or as I'm sure the psychologists and/or philosophers on this site will most eloquently and existentially explain to me, am I just trying to find some explanation for the ridiculous, coincidental recurrence of this particular number in my life, lol? Please let me know what you think wink

Jun 12th 2014 new
I'm sure you noticed you posted this at 7:37! I wouldn't use 37 as part of any of your computer passwords. wink

Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: I'm sure you noticed you posted this at 7:37! I wouldn't use 37 as part of any of your computer passwords.

Oh my goodness I honestly did not notice the time it posted Peter, lol tongue Oyvay! And you're right about the password...I'll be sure never to include it thumbsup
Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Mary-466498 said: Here's why! I'm being followed by a number!!! I had never truly realized it until today, but the number 37 has been stalking me for several years now...it's true! 
You should consider getting a restraining order---perhaps one requiring the number 37 to stay at least 37 yards away from you. wink
On the other hand, there are worse numbers to be stalked by---at least it isn't 666! flamed laughing
Jun 12th 2014 new
(quote) Mary-466498 said: Oh my goodness I honestly did not notice the time it posted Peter, lol Oyvay! And you're right about the password...I'll be sure never to include it
17 has always been my number. My parents were married on the 17th, and 17 months later on the 17th I arrived. Graduated High School at 17, got my driver's license at 17, First Holy Communion on the 17th, even my divorce decree was signed by the judge on the 17th. Go figure.
Jun 13th 2014 new
I guess I will just keep ignoring what my "recurrent number(s)" is/are, since I never remember dates and I am not up to do it. :)
Jun 13th 2014 new

Mary

Check for guys profiles with the number "37" in them - you might hit the jackpot!

Jun 15th 2014 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said:

Mary

Check for guys profiles with the number "37" in them - you might hit the jackpot!

Never thought of that Kristin. Maybe I'll give it a try!
laughing
Jun 18th 2014 new
maybe when you turn 37...it will be a Big year for you. scratchchin
Are you prepared?? biggrin
Jun 18th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: maybe when you turn 37...it will be a Big year for you.
Are you prepared??
I know! I was kind of thinking that after I originally posted this thread...hmm scratchchin ...I'm not sure though how prepared I am for a BIG year lovestruck! lil mikie hyper clap wink lol! Well I sure know praying and penance prepares us and brings us closer to Christ, so I guess that's what I'll be doing more of Praying theheart rosary Any other suggestions?
Btw, now I'm suddenly excited and nervous thinking about it! smile
Posts 1 - 10 of 10