Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I emotigrammed a girl - she emotigrammed me back with her phone number asking to text - then the next day her profile is unavailable - is that a scammer - what would happen if i called her - i heard some are linked to adult sites or is it that she just doesn't want to pay and is trolling?
Jun 12th 2014 new
Probably a scammer, probably looking for money. Might not even be a woman. Trying to take communications off site that fast is a tip off. Also that the profile got pulled down so fast ... Either somebody reported it or admin caught it. Don't call the number!
Jun 13th 2014 new
(quote) Ryan-672439 said: I emotigrammed a girl - she emotigrammed me back with her phone number asking to text - then the next day her profile is unavailable - is that a scammer - what would happen if i called her - i heard some are linked to adult sites or is it that she just doesn't want to pay and is trolling?
If you submit a Help ticket explaining the situation, the customer service staff may tell you whether she removed her own profile or if it was removed for being a suspected scammer.

What happens if you call?

The first thing is that there call may be to a number that will result in an extremely large charge on your phone bill. Number to avoid are:

area code 900 or 976 (or any other 9xx area code, if there have been new ones created)
area codes 242, 246, 264, 268, 284, 340, 345, 441, 473, 649, 664, 758, 767, 784, 787, 809, 829, 849, 868, 869 and 876
international calls (prefix 011)

You can Google <area code nnn> to find out where the area code is located and <area code nnn scam> to look for scam warnings associated with that area code. If the location is outside the United States, beware!, as in many other locations there are no regulations requiring the owners of premium call service to disclose fees at the beginning of the call.

If you do call, I would make sure the caller ID number is blocked (this is usually *67, but in some locations it is different, so check and test). Be aware that there is no way to prevent your number from being provided to the owners of toll-free long distance numbers (800, 844, 855, 866, 877, 888).

Jun 13th 2014 new
I checked, and yes, it was a scammer. They've started moving to texting as a form of communication. PLEASE keep communication limited to CatholicMatch until you've vetted the person a bit!
Posts 1 - 4 of 4