Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Jun 13th new
Beautiful!
Jun 13th new
This is great. We have a pope who lives and teaches the true essence of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. May we listen, learn, and follow.
Jun 13th new
(quote) David-364112 said: This is great. We have a pope who lives and teaches the true essence of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. May we listen, learn, and follow.

Yes, this is great. A simple and practical sermon. This resonates with what some of us have been trying to say in other threads. Notice he is not pounding people over the head with encyclicals or regulations. Rather, he is asking us to look into our hearts. As did our founder and redeemer.

I'm beginning to see why he chose the name Francis. He is a Jebbie, and they were traditionally the intellectuals of the Church. But he is not running an intellectual papacy. St. Francis was the fellow who preached more with actions than words, and refused even to be ordained priest. Pope Francis wants to preach a simple message, one that causes us to look into our hearts.

This is not to discredit the intellectuals. But, maybe enough has been written about details already. What is needed is a change of heart. And we each must re-orient our heart every day. How simple to not insult another, yet how difficult.

Jun 13th new

"... and the one who sows discord among kindred." Proverbs 6:19

Jun 13th new
(quote) Gerald-283546 said:

I'm beginning to see why he chose the name Francis. He is a Jebbie, and they were traditionally the intellectuals of the Church. But he is not running an intellectual papacy. 

Jebbie? Is that Jesuit? Little old me, with a simple mind, has never heard the word Jebbie... in all my 49 years of life. scratchchin

Ed

Jun 13th new
(quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Yes, this is great. A simple and practical sermon. This resonates with what some of us have been trying to say in other threads. Notice he is not pounding people over the head with encyclicals or regulations. Rather, he is asking us to look into our hearts. As did our founder and redeemer.

I'm beginning to see why he chose the name Francis. He is a Jebbie, and they were traditionally the intellectuals of the Church. But he is not running an intellectual papacy. St. Francis was the fellow who preached more with actions than words, and refused even to be ordained priest. Pope Francis wants to preach a simple message, one that causes us to look into our hearts.

This is not to discredit the intellectuals. But, maybe enough has been written about details already. What is needed is a change of heart. And we each must re-orient our heart every day. How simple to not insult another, yet how difficult.

His homily fits in very well with a few of the most recent CM threads.... No need to list them here, as anyone paying attention to those threads would well see how Francis's comments are most appropriate.

Ed

Jun 13th new
Now Ed,don't insult your brother,just because you misinterpret what a person's intention is.Learn From Pope Francis.
Jun 13th new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Now Ed,don't insult your brother,just because you misinterpret what a person's intention is.Learn From Pope Francis.
Bernard,

I insulted no one. I did not even imply an insult of anyone. What is it that you are talking about?

Ed

Jun 13th new
(quote) ED-20630 said: Jebbie? Is that Jesuit? Little old me, with a simple mind, has never heard the word Jebbie... in all my 49 years of life.

Ed

Yah, that's what we used to call them in High School! :-)

Posts 1 - 10 of 146