Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Father's Day is on Sunday. I'm starting this thread in honor of my dad and all CM fathers here. Join me in sharing the most memorable moment with your Dad and what you admire most about him.

I'm a Daddy's girl. Since I was a child, my Dad and I always had special dates (without my Mom!). One special memory was during High School. I was studying in an exclusive girl's school then and my dad would fetch me after exams. We would go on a lunch and movie date while my other classmates would go with their boyfriends! laughing

One thing I greatly admire about my dad is the way he sacrifices for our family. He is very hardworking. He is also still very active and plays basketball at age 71 -- FULL COURT! He is a very loving husband and father. My parents have been married for 43 years already and they still hold hands when they sleep! My dad is an ex-Jesuit and is very religious. He plays the bonggos very well. I think we got our love for music from him and also being involved in Church and the religious community. I am still a Daddy's girl and will always be a Daddy's girl!

Happy Father's Day to my Dad and to all CM dads here too! lovestruck!

Jun 13th 2014 new
sharing this www.catholicmatch.com
Jun 13th 2014 new
(quote) Genie-920495 said: sharing this http://www.catholicmatch.com/forums/topics/posts.html?post_id=4825374;_jump_type=last_unread
Thank you for the link, Genie! I wish I saw that post earlier.
Jun 13th 2014 new
Happy Father's Day to all the CM dads out there!!!:) wave
I'll share one happy memory.....when I was in grade school....I loved going out to eat fastfood...burgers in particular. My mom would not want me to eat that stuff because it was bad for me. But every now and then, my dad would pick me up from school and take me to get a burger and icecream for desert...it was our little secret and my mom had no idea...although I think she secretly knew hehe. We had great conversations about school and life etc during these times. I love my dad!!!! biggrin hug wave

Posts 1 - 4 of 4