Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

My daughter is failing

Jun 14th new
My daughter recently received an artificial heart in an attempt to improve her health enough to receive a heart transplant. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out that way and by taking her off her iv nutrition, she is actually in the worst shape she's ever been in and is racked by infection due to a now-compromised immune system.

Storm heaven, please! Krystyna's white count continues to climb and one of the heart surgeons and the plastic surgeon are taking her back to the OR tomorrow morning to clean out her chest cavity and try to stop the air leak that keeps allowing air to build up in her chest. They believe that either the fluid or the air in her chest is causing an infection that isn't being treated by the current antifungal & antibiotic medications.

Although Krystyna is fighting a fungal infection in her bloodstream and still waiting for a heart transplant, the most immediate threat to her health is the chylothorax that she's had since her surgeries in May of last year. The leak in her lymphatic system is draining her body of nutrients. She's 5'2" and now weighs about 96 pounds. Her immune system isn't working as well as it should, hence the infections. She has no reserves left and traditional treatments aren't working. I found a possible new treatment online, but it hasn't been used for the chylothorax that Krystyna has, and I don't know that her doctors or insurance will agree to try it. The problem is, 15-25% of people with chylothoraces don't survive. Most people who are going to heal, heal within a few days or weeks.

There's not much more I can say. Watching her waste away, I think we're getting to the point that something is going to have to change soon, or she won't have the energy left to fight. I don't like to post this where she can see, because she's scared enough as it is, but we need your prayers!
Jun 14th new
I will continue in prayer for dear Krystyna. Praying Praying Praying theheart hug
Jun 14th new
Oh glorious apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered thy beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused thee to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes thee universally as the patron of hopeless cases--of things despaired of. Pray for me who am so miserable; make use, I implore thee, of that particular privilege accorded thee of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, particularly Krystyna, and that I may bless God with thee and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise thee, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor thee as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to thee. Amen
Jun 14th new

Praying rosary theheart
Jun 14th new
theheart theheart Praying Praying rosary rosary
Jun 14th new
Prayers will continue for dear Krystyna and you. theheart Praying

hug hug
Jun 14th new
Saint Lucy of Syracuse
  • Memorial: December 13
  • Patron Saint of Sick Children
    Praying

Saint John of God
  • Memorial: March 8
  • Patron Saint of Heart Patients
    Praying

Saint Castulus of Rome
  • Memorial: March 26
  • Patronage: against Blood Poisoning
    Praying

Saint Luke the Evangelist
  • Memorial: October 18
  • Patron Saint of Physicians, Surgeons
    Praying

Raphael the Archangel
  • Memorial: September 29
  • Patron Saint of Physicians, Sick People
    Praying

Prayer to Saint Raphael the Archangel

Glorious Archangel Saint Raphael, great prince of the heavenly court,
    you are illustrious for your gifts of wisdom and grace.
    You are a guide of those who journey by land or sea or air,
    consoler of the afflicted, and refuge of sinners.
    I beg you, assist us in all our needs and in all the sufferings of this life,
    as once you helped the young Tobias on his travels.

Because you are the "medicine of God," we humbly ask you
    to heal the many infirmities of our souls and the ills that afflict our bodies.
    I especially ask of you the favor of healing for young Krystyna
    and the great grace of purity of prepare us to be the temple of the Holy Spirit.
    Amen.
    Praying

_________
    rosary - God answers knee-mail
  • Jun 14th new
    Praying Praying Praying
    Jun 14th new
    I will be praying for your daughter, Krystyna. May Mother Mary cloak her in love. rosary rose
    Jun 14th new
    Praying for her rosary rosary theheart Praying Praying
    Posts 1 - 10 of 77