Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

My faith is new to me so I have learned some little tricks like this one to try and keep my faith strong.

I have a special crucifix that was in my brother's room. My mother put it there after he died, but I kind of have taken it for myself. I don't think he would mind at all. I hang it up in my room, and I have taken it with me on a trip. I also have just returned to graduate school to become a high school English teacher and I take my crucifix with me inside my book bag. When I walk around campus, it makes me smile because I know that I am carrying Christ with me on my back! I walk around thinking I have a secret! Does that sound weird to you?

Jun 14th new
I guess I should say my "really strong" faith is new to me. I think I have always had some fait.
Jun 14th new
faith, not fait, haha
Jun 14th new
(quote) David-1093243 said:

My faith is new to me so I have learned some little tricks like this one to try and keep my faith strong.

I have a special crucifix that was in my brother's room. My mother put it there after he died, but I kind of have taken it for myself. I don't think he would mind at all. I hang it up in my room, and I have taken it with me on a trip. I also have just returned to graduate school to become a high school English teacher and I take my crucifix with me inside my book bag. When I walk around campus, it makes me smile because I know that I am carrying Christ with me on my back! I walk around thinking I have a secret! Does that sound weird to you?

No. It sounds very normal. St Josemaria (whose feast is on 26th June) had a great devotion to the cross and crucifix. He wrote in his book The Way (point number 302).

Your crucifix:As a Christian you should always carry a crucifix with you. Place it on your desk.Kiss it before you go to bed and when you wake up.And when your poor body rebels against your soul, kiss your crucifix!

So carry on you are perfectly normal.
Jun 14th new
(quote) Elizabeth-270942 said: No. It sounds very normal. St Josemaria (whose feast is on 26th June) had a great devotion to the cross and crucifix. He wrote in his book The Way (point number 302).

Your crucifix:As a Christian you should always carry a crucifix with you. Place it on your desk.Kiss it before you go to bed and when you wake up.And when your poor body rebels against your soul, kiss your crucifix!

So carry on you are perfectly normal.
Wonderful reply, Elizabeth. I owe a lot to St. Josemaria- the mangy donkey (as he called himself). There's a story behind that, but perhaps another time, another thread.

David- I think it's great that you shared your secret with us, and I do not think you're weird for it. If anything, it would be remarkable if more Catholics had this kind of relationship with our Lord.
I have a small photo of the Shroud of Turin that I stick onto the dashboard of my car. Whether or not the Shroud is authentic matters little to me...it's the reminder that serves the grand purpose.

Jun 14th new
(quote) David-1093243 said: faith, not fait, haha
You most certainly have a fate! Hee-hee.
You're destined for greatness: heaven.
Jun 14th new
Hello, I do secret stuff like this too. I recently decided to be more open about my chastity lifestyle so I brought a fancy ring online. I wear it everyday, even in the house. Sometimes I put it on my middle finger or on the engagement finger. It's a constant reminder of the decision I have made to wait for sex and that one day I will share that gift with my husband. Now, I hope I am prepared to answer with bravery if someone asks me about the ring.
Jun 14th new
Thanks for the replies. It is just something that makes me feel happy and walking on a college campus is sort of intimidating in a way. Sometimes I feel like the kids seem pretty self absorbed and some of the adults wouldn't care for my views. I just walk around with a big sincere smile on my face and say "Hello!" or "It's a beautiful day." It seems they are shocked to meet someone this nice, but I can't read their minds of course.
Jun 14th new
(quote) Yanil-1081744 said: Hello, I do secret stuff like this too. I recently decided to be more open about my chastity lifestyle so I brought a fancy ring online. I wear it everyday, even in the house. Sometimes I put it on my middle finger or on the engagement finger. It's a constant reminder of the decision I have made to wait for sex and that one day I will share that gift with my husband. Now, I hope I am prepared to answer with bravery if someone asks me about the ring.
very warm welcome Yanil to the fora, a beautiful name .... wave smile
Jun 14th new
I carry a Rosary with me. Don't consider it a secret, but it's not something I ordinarily mention to anyone either. :)
Posts 1 - 10 of 50