Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Jun 15th 2014 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/05/29/wife-person-married/
Wow.
Jun 15th 2014 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/05/29/wife-person-married/
You get a Gold Star!
Jun 15th 2014 new
Sometimes, we who have become jaded from the deep pain & sense of failure caused by an unwanted divorce can only wish the very, very, best for the young person who is convinced his marriage is indestructible. We were once there....
Certainly we hope the next time will be different. (If I can allow myself to be that vulnerable again...).
Jun 16th 2014 new
Hmmm. Sorta true. Sorta false.

Do some marriages end over a trivial reason like "change"? I suppose that's possible, especially among secularists, atheists, and humanists raised on a steady diet of "Hollywood morality".

Do some marriages end because a spouse's "change" is truly unbearable? Sure. Physical abuse comes immediately to mind. There are also instances of fraudulent misrepresentation, criminal activity, etc.

I applaude the author's intent. I hope that experience does not ruin his dream.

You see your spouse's flaws and shortcomings, but you decide you made a commitment and you work on your relationship. Your spouse does the same. You both still try to make the other happy. You change over the course of time, but you both change and learn to get along with the changes.

But what if its not a mutual commitment to each other?

Jul 9th 2014 new
I agree that divorce is not to be celebrated. Even when divorce is inevitable (one person is determined to leave) or necessary (as in a case of recurring abuse) it is still a terrible thing.
Thank God, He is able to, "work all things together for the good of those who love Him."

Jul 12th 2014 new
What a beautiful article. Thanks for sharing it.

Jul 12th 2014 new
Not to be the indelicate one here, but one year after my divorce, I had an "unwedding" party. I had "unwedding cake" and my friends came over with food and wine. Kind of like an unbirthday
I was still so sad about the divorce, my x was remarried, and I was necessarily moving on. It helped mark the year. Besides, I love wedding cake!!
Did I celebrate the divorce? Of course not!! What Catholic wants to do that? But, as with the death of my son, people look at us to show them How to endure?! And so, I modeled resillance and fortitude.
Posts 1 - 9 of 9