Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Hello all, I've been reading a book called "Finding the love of your life" by Neil Clark Warren and in the first chapter one thing he talks about is how it's wiser to marry in late 20s (earliest) than in early 20s. While I totally agree with this advice it also mentions in a cited quote the correlation between age of first being married and planning number of kids. It says in general terms that for 1 kid plan marry between 28 and 34. For 2 kids marry between 28 and 32 and for 3 between 28 and 30. This is as high as it talks about mainly probably the book was written by a protestant but I'm curious to know what the oldest possible age is to marry at and have as many as 7 kids. I know that I don't have to worry as much since I'm only 23 and I'm a guy but I prefer that the age gap between my future wife and myself to be as little as possible. So I'm curious to see if anyone knows anything about this.
Jun 16th 2014 new
(quote) Andy-896770 said: Hello all, I've been reading a book called "Finding the love of your life" by Neil Clark Warren and in the first chapter one thing he talks about is how it's wiser to marry in late 20s (earliest) than in early 20s. While I totally agree with this advice it also mentions in a cited quote the correlation between age of first being married and planning number of kids. It says in general terms that for 1 kid plan marry between 28 and 34. For 2 kids marry between 28 and 32 and for 3 between 28 and 30. This is as high as it talks about mainly probably the book was written by a protestant but I'm curious to know what the oldest possible age is to marry at and have as many as 7 kids. I know that I don't have to worry as much since I'm only 23 and I'm a guy but I prefer that the age gap between my future wife and myself to be as little as possible. So I'm curious to see if anyone knows anything about this.
Man proposes but God disposes.

I don't know of any way to plan this stuff out, Andy. smile
Jun 16th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: Man proposes but God disposes.

I don't know of any way to plan this stuff out, Andy.
Me neither.
Jun 16th 2014 new

clap

We had our first child when my husband was 40, last kids (twins) when he was 51. My dad's first came when he was 46, last at 55.

You can "plan" all you want to, but God will have the last word, and His Plan is ALWAYS better than what you would have chosen for yourself.

Jun 16th 2014 new
(quote) Andy-896770 said: Hello all, I've been reading a book called "Finding the love of your life" by Neil Clark Warren and in the first chapter one thing he talks about is how it's wiser to marry in late 20s (earliest) than in early 20s. While I totally agree with this advice it also mentions in a cited quote the correlation between age of first being married and planning number of kids. It says in general terms that for 1 kid plan marry between 28 and 34. For 2 kids marry between 28 and 32 and for 3 between 28 and 30. This is as high as it talks about mainly probably the book was written by a protestant but I'm curious to know what the oldest possible age is to marry at and have as many as 7 kids. I know that I don't have to worry as much since I'm only 23 and I'm a guy but I prefer that the age gap between my future wife and myself to be as little as possible. So I'm curious to see if anyone knows anything about this.
My only advice is don't wait too long. Going through life single is lonely, and kids are the best (although possibly the hardest) thing you will ever do. That said, your choice of a spouse is the most important decision you will make in your life, so choose wisely. I wouldn't try to over-plan it.
Aug 3rd new
Most women are capbable of having children in their 40's and some can have children in their 50's. I think it is just many people being unwilling to have many kids is what makes there a stigma. We don't see too many people past a certain age these days with a lot of kids, so we think they can't have kids. Many can have kids, but they choose not to. The Duggards have 19 kids, and I am pretty sure she is not still in her 30's.
Aug 3rd new
Michele Duggar is around 46 and their youngest Josie is about 3. She lost a babe around 44.
Aug 3rd new
I recommend having your children while you're still too young to know what you're getting into.
Aug 3rd new
(quote) Virginia-182942 said: I recommend having your children while you're still too young to know what you're getting into.
laughing
Aug 3rd new

laughing

I think that the longer you wait, the more patience you have - and better judgment, too. two cents

Posts 1 - 10 of 18