Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I made a minor update today to profiles. When you pick a new profile photo, the old one goes into your album like a regular photo. Woo, right? Well, it's now flagged so that it can be set as your profile photo without cropping or pending status.

This should lighten the load on the reviewer while letting you people who like to change it every day do so a little easier.

Tangentially, if a profile photo is declined, the photo it came from can't be resubmitted as a profile photo... but it will show WHY it can't, so that's a step in the right direction too wink

Robin Nathan
Jun 17th 2014 new
Thanks as always for continued efforts to improve all aspects of the CM experience
Jun 17th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Thanks as always for continued efforts to improve all aspects of the CM experience
Ditto. And for using words like tangentially. scratchchin
Jun 17th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said: Ditto. And for using words like tangentially.
Better tangentially than orthogonally..

Jun 17th 2014 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Better tangentially than orthogonally..

Back to the dictionary...
Jun 28th 2014 new
(quote) Nathan-48443 said: I made a minor update today to profiles. When you pick a new profile photo, the old one goes into your album like a regular photo. Woo, right? Well, it's now flagged so that it can be set as your profile photo without cropping or pending status.

This should lighten the load on the reviewer while letting you people who like to change it every day do so a little easier.

Tangentially, if a profile photo is declined, the photo it came from can't be resubmitted as a profile photo... but it will show WHY it can't, so that's a step in the right direction too

Nathan
Hi Nathan! I just tried changing my profile pic but it still appears as pending. I just want to clarify since your statement above says there will be no pending status anymore. But why does it appear as pending to me and others cannot see my profile pic? Hope to be enlightened on this. Thanks! biggrin
Jun 28th 2014 new
Jenny,

Unless I'm misreading Nathan's post, new profile pictures are still subject to approval and will initially be marked as pending. If you have an existing profile picture that is replaced with a new one, the old profile picture is moved to the album but is marked as having been previously approved as a profile picture. If you then decide to use the old picture again as your profile picture it will not have to go through the cropping and approval process that a new picture would.

David

Jun 28th 2014 new
(quote) David-738600 said: Jenny,

Unless I'm misreading Nathan's post, new profile pictures are still subject to approval and will initially be marked as pending. If you have an existing profile picture that is replaced with a new one, the old profile picture is moved to the album but is marked as having been previously approved as a profile picture. If you then decide to use the old picture again as your profile picture it will not have to go through the cropping and approval process that a new picture would.

David

Hi David! I actually just wanted to test it out. So I tried an existing profile picture but it also appears as pending. Then I tried uploading a new photo but it is also still pending. I guess each change in profile pic will still need time for approval then. Thanks for the help! God bless! smile
Jun 28th 2014 new
Hi Jenny. I, too, just changed my profile pic and it's pending. I thought my old profile picture would be in the album, but guess that's not the case. Thanks for your question! :)
Jun 28th 2014 new
(quote) Catherine-1060648 said: Hi Jenny. I, too, just changed my profile pic and it's pending. I thought my old profile picture would be in the album, but guess that's not the case. Thanks for your question! :)
Hi Catherine! Only way to know is to actually test it, right? So let's just wait for their answer. wink
Posts 1 - 10 of 10