Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

by John-Henry Westen

• Tue Jun 17, 2014 13:30 EST

VATICAN Pope Francis strongly condemned gender ideology in a private conversation with Austrian Bishop Andreas Laun earlier this year, the bishop related in a recent essay.

In doing so, the pope follows in the footsteps of his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI. Nearing the end of his pontificate, the pope emeritus spoke twice about gender ideology as a negative trend for humankind, and a profound falsehood, which it is the duty of pastors of the Church to put the faithful on guard against.

Credit: Steve Jalsevac / LifeSiteNews.com

Bishop Laun, auxiliary bishop of Salzburg, wrote about the words of Pope Francis in March in an essay for the German Catholic news publication Kath.net. Bishop Laun told LifeSiteNews that he met the pope briefly on January 30 as part of the Austrian bishops ad limina visit, a meeting with the pope that bishops must do every five years. Laun added that he was the last of the bishops to speak with the Holy Father.

In response to my questioning, Pope Francis said, Gender ideology is demonic! Laun wrote in his essay, adding that the pope was not exaggerating in his comment. Indeed, gender ideology is the destruction of persons, which is why Pope Francis was justified in calling it demonic, he said.

Writing of gender ideology, Bishop Laun explained that the core thesis of this sick product of reason is the end result of a radical feminism which the homosexual lobby has made its own.

It asserts that there are not only Man and Woman, but also other genders. And furthermore: every person can choose his or her gender, he added.

Today, he said, it is promoted by governments and VIPs and substantial amounts of money are spent on spreading it, even in teaching materials for kindergartens and schools.

For more information on the subject, Bishop Laun encouraged the reading of the latest book by famed German Catholic sociologist Gabriele Kuby, Die globale sexuelle Revolution: Zerstrung der Freiheit im Namen der Freiheit (The Global Sexual Revolution: Destruction of Freedom in the Name of Freedom).tinyurl.com
Jun 18th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said:

by John-Henry Westen

Tue Jun 17, 2014 13:30 EST

VATICAN Pope Francis strongly condemned gender ideology in a private conversation with Austrian Bishop Andreas Laun earlier this year, the bishop related in a recent essay.

In doing so, the pope follows in the footsteps of his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI. Nearing the end of his pontificate, the pope emeritus spoke twice about gender ideology as a negative trend for humankind, and a profound falsehood, which it is the duty of pastors of the Church to put the faithful on guard against.

Credit: Steve Jalsevac / LifeSiteNews.com

Bishop Laun, auxiliary bishop of Salzburg, wrote about the words of Pope Francis in March in an essay for the German Catholic news publication Kath.net. Bishop Laun told LifeSiteNews that he met the pope briefly on January 30 as part of the Austrian bishops ad limina visit, a meeting with the pope that bishops must do every five years. Laun added that he was the last of the bishops to speak with the Holy Father.

In response to my questioning, Pope Francis said, Gender ideology is demonic! Laun wrote in his essay, adding that the pope was not exaggerating in his comment. Indeed, gender ideology is the destruction of persons, which is why Pope Francis was justified in calling it demonic, he said.

Writing of gender ideology, Bishop Laun explained that the core thesis of this sick product of reason is the end result of a radical feminism which the homosexual lobby has made its own.

It asserts that there are not only Man and Woman, but also other genders. And furthermore: every person can choose his or her gender, he added.

Today, he said, it is promoted by governments and VIPs and substantial amounts of money are spent on spreading it, even in teaching materials for kindergartens and schools.

For more information on the subject, Bishop Laun encouraged the reading of the latest book by famed German Catholic sociologist Gabriele Kuby, Die globale sexuelle Revolution: Zerstrung der Freiheit im Namen der Freiheit (The Global Sexual Revolution: Destruction of Freedom in the Name of Freedom).http://tinyurl.com/nd4znxy
It is interesting to me that demonic attacks on gender identity are intricately related to all of Catholic Theology. For example, it was rightly pointed out at the TLM I attend in the sermon, that the Personhood of each member of the Blessed Trinity exists as their relationship to one another, thus God exists as Father. Truth, properly understood, explains the reactions and attacks of the demonic on what is sometimes misrepresented as benign and merely political correctness. Good for Pope Francis on this one!
Jun 18th 2014 new
Great article, Bernard.
Jun 18th 2014 new
Bernard,

Perhaps I am the only one who is completely unclear as to what is meant by 'gender ideology'. A definition of the term as it relates to Catholicism would be helpful. If someone asked me what it is, I couldn't put together a concise definition for them. Perhaps I know it as something else.

Ed

Jun 18th 2014 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: Bernard,

Perhaps I am the only one who is completely unclear as to what is meant by 'gender ideology'. A definition of the term as it relates to Catholicism would be helpful. If someone asked me what it is, I couldn't put together a concise definition for them. Perhaps I know it as something else.

Ed

It's not entirely clear, but evidently it has something to do with the notion that gender is artificially constructed and so you should be able to choose your own, or none, instead of acting like a dumb sheep and supposing that your chromosomes have any say in the matter. See e.g. "The Transgender Tipping Point", the cover story in the June 9 issue of TIME Magazine, which has identified this as 'the next civil rights frontier'. It all reminds me of that old bumper sticker: "God is coming - and she's pissed!"
Jun 18th 2014 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: Bernard,

Ed

It's all Greek to me too! I found this.

Gender Ideology and Gender Role Ideology

Both gender ideology and gender role ideology refer to attitudes regarding the appropriate roles, rights, and responsibilities of women and men in society. The concept can reflect these attitudes generally or in a specific domain, such as an economic, familial, legal, political, and/or social domain. Most gender ideology constructs are unidimensional and range from traditional, conservative, or anti-feminist to egalitarian, liberal, or feminist. Traditional gender ideologies emphasize the value of distinctive roles for women and men. According to a traditional gender ideology about the family, for example, men fulfill their family roles through instrumental, breadwinning activities and women fulfill their roles through nurturant, homemaker, and parenting activities. Egalitarian ideologies regarding the family, by contrast, endorse and value men's and women's equal and shared breadwinning and nurturant family roles. Gender ideology also sometimes refers to widespread societal beliefs that legitimate gender inequality. For example, Lorber (1994 : 30) defines gender ideology as the justification of gender statuses, particularly, their differential evaluation. The dominant ideology tends to suppress criticism by making these evaluations seem natural. Used in this way, gender ideology is not a variable that ranges from conservative to liberal; instead, it refers to specific types ... log in or subscribe to read full text

www.blackwellreference.com.
Jun 19th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: It's all Greek to me too! I found this.Gender Ideology and Gender Role Ideology

Both gender ideology and gender role ideology refer to attitudes regarding the appropriate roles, rights, and responsibilities of women and men in society. The concept can reflect these attitudes generally or in a specific domain, such as an economic, familial, legal, political, and/or social domain. Most gender ideology constructs are unidimensional and range from traditional, conservative, or anti-feminist to egalitarian, liberal, or feminist. Traditional gender ideologies emphasize the value of distinctive roles for women and men. According to a traditional gender ideology about the family, for example, men fulfill their family roles through instrumental, breadwinning activities and women fulfill their roles through nurturant, homemaker, and parenting activities. Egalitarian ideologies regarding the family, by contrast, endorse and value men's and women's equal and shared breadwinning and nurturant family roles. Gender ideology also sometimes refers to widespread societal beliefs that legitimate gender inequality. For example, Lorber (1994 : 30) defines gender ideology as the justification of gender statuses, particularly, their differential evaluation. The dominant ideology tends to suppress criticism by making these evaluations seem natural. Used in this way, gender ideology is not a variable that ranges from conservative to liberal; instead, it refers to specific types ... log in or subscribe to read full text

http://www.blackwellreference.com/public/tocnode?id=g9781405124331_yr2013_chunk_g978140512433113_ss1...
Thanks Bernard. That clears it right up. laughing I'll read it a few more times and I'm sure (well maybe) it will make more sense. scratchchin

Ed

Jun 19th 2014 new

Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Subjected to Gender Ideologists

eponymousflower.blogspot.com
Jun 19th 2014 new
OK, I guess it's time to meet xe, xem and xyr.....

From the Toronto-based National Post, regarding a decision of the Vancouver [British Columbia] school board:

"...the school board forged ahead, even deciding to adopt new pronouns for those who would rather pick no gender at all. A last-minute amendment mandated that xe, xem and xyr may be used in place of he/she or him/her. These are sex-neutral third-person terms used to repair the failure of the English language to allow for 21st century gender sensitivities...In addition to new pronouns, the Vancouver board also goes to considerable length to protect privacy, including, it would seem, keeping the students chosen new gender a secret from his/her or xyr parents".

The right to self-definition being, as we know, sacred, it seems to me that a student should also be allowed to choose 'all of the above' and thereby be all-gendered, and that the use of the terms I modestly suggest -- "thlee, thlem and thlyr" -- should therefore be insisted upon. (Trouble pronouncing it? tough! no one said equality would be easy....) Other possibilities may be thought of and proposed, in hopes that the system will collapse through its own unworkability and absurdity.

fullcomment.nationalpost.com
Jun 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Subjected to Gender Ideologists http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2014/06/franciscan-sisters-of-immaculate.html
Those ideologues are demonic...so let's sic them on a "traditionalist leaning" order?

Qui Bono?
Posts 1 - 10 of 10