Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Jun 18th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/articles/item/734-to-believe-a-lie
Bernard, this is one of the best explanations of the state, not only of the Catholic Church, but of the world, that I have heard in a long time.

It is interesting to me how error is connected to error is connected to error. The demonic truly is legion, vague, insidious, a tangled web. For example, I have read on these forums those who have compromised the belief system called "evolution" with Catholic Theology. I have also read on these forums those who think The Faith is something that "evolves" from the consciousness of man, not something that is revealed from beyond our own consciousness to which we have to submit. The evil one knows exactly what he is doing. He is an angel of light, and toying with those who don't hold fast to the Constant Teachings and Doctrines of the Church. Truly, one has to be blind, or intellectual dishonest, not to see that we are living in the predicted time of the Great Apostasy. One has only to check out the profiles of "Catholics" on a dating site to see how many Doctrines from which they descent. But the truth is, it is those in authority in the Catholic Church who have neglected their duties, not the misled, who God will hold most responsible.

Jun 18th 2014 new
As someone who studies mining engineering, and geology, I was amused by this particular point in the article:

"Come on. Are these people serious? Rocks and minerals and inert gasses are going to be Christ?

Totally awesome, dude!

They go on. The living universe will be divinized. We will all together, not singly, not individually, but indivisibly reach the Omega Point."

Um, yeah. And I think Omega point leads to being the Omega Man (or is it "I am Legend"?)

Rad, dude, really rad. Like that guy in Sedona who suffocated a bunch of his followers in a sweat tent made out of plastic tarpaulins.

But, to finally be serious...all this only leads to death. It's a sad state of affairs. I remember a fellow choir member for whom there were numerous problems of formation. He was a Geologist who was working on his Ph.D. and when he was about finished he made some comment to me about the importance of evolution and that he could get sound theology from Teilhard de Chardin. I figured it was a lost cause to have bothered to point out that Chardin's ideas had been condemned as formal heresy. Someone so enamored with this nonsense is not likely to listen to sound theology or even reason. He didn't like me even using the words Intelligent Design. (Not necessarily buying the arguments of Protestant fundamentalists, but all it takes to send a person who is a self-styled member of the intelligentsia into orbit is a couple of buzzwords such as "intelligent design".)

Jun 18th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: http://remnantnewspaper.com/web/index.php/articles/item/734-to-believe-a-lie
Hi Bernard. Per your request, I read this article. I do not agree with this author's views. For the record, let me use this opportunity to defend Pierre Teilhard de Chardin and his evolutionary views. Prominent theologians and Church leaders including Cardinals have written favorably about his work. In fact, Pope Benedict XVI (when known as Joseph Ratzinger) spoke highly of Teilhard's Christology in his Introduction to Christianity. He also incorporated his vision in Spirit of the Liturgy. (Sorry can't get the underline to turn off,) Just wanted to add perspective and balance. wave
Jun 18th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Hi Bernard. Per your request, I read this article. I do not agree with this author's views. For the record, let me use this opportunity to defend Pierre Teilhard de Chardin and his evolutionary views. Prominent theologians and Church leaders including Cardinals have written favorably about his work. In fact, Pope Benedict XVI (when known as Joseph Ratzinger) spoke highly of Teilhard's Christology in his Introduction to Christianity. He also incorporated his vision in Spirit of the Liturgy. (Sorry can't get the underline to turn off,) Just wanted to add perspective and balance.

Yes, Carol. Some of de Chardin's ideas have merit, while others have been found to be in error. But, his ideas were presented to me in high school Biology class, and they were helpful in helping me form the bridge between science and faith.

But for some of our coreligionists for whom the world is either all black or all white, since he is not wholly believeable, he must be wholly untrue. Too bad they do not see that the real world is not that cut and dried!

Jun 19th 2014 new
(quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Yes, Carol. Some of de Chardin's ideas have merit, while others have been found to be in error. But, his ideas were presented to me in high school Biology class, and they were helpful in helping me form the bridge between science and faith.

But for some of our coreligionists for whom the world is either all black or all white, since he is not wholly believeable, he must be wholly untrue. Too bad they do not see that the real world is not that cut and dried!

Good point, Gerald. Wouldn't making sense of the world be simpler if things were actually all black or all white? And if there were all black or all white rules to explain the complexities of life? We wouldn't need to learn how to handle the grey areas and ambiguities of human existence. smile

Jun 19th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said:

Good point, Gerald. Wouldn't making sense of the world be simpler if things were actually all black or all white? And if there were all black or all white rules to explain the complexities of life? We wouldn't need to learn how to handle the grey areas and ambiguities of human existence.

Ahh, but it is just those gray areas that make life so interesting!
Jun 19th 2014 new
(quote) Gerald-283546 said: Ahh, but it is just those gray areas that make life so interesting!
Agreed, but interesting to some is anxiety-provoking to others.
Jun 19th 2014 new

Condemnation of Teilhard de Chardin
by the Holy Office in 1962

The timeliness given to Teilhard de Chardin by Benedict XVI's recent mention of his Cosmic Liturgy, made us think that our readers would be interested to have the original document of the Holy Office condemning that controversial theologian.

At right is an actual photocopy of the text of the Holy Office Decree published in Latin in L'Osservatore Romano, July 1, 1962. Below left is our translation.

Admonition
Several works of Fr. Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, some of which were published posthumously, are being edited and receiving considerable support.

Refraining from a judgment in that which concerns the positive sciences, it is quite evident that in philosophical and theological matters the mentioned works are filled with ambiguities and even serious errors that offend Catholic doctrine.

For this reason, the Most Eminent and Most Reverend Fathers of the Supreme and Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office exhort all Ordinaries as well as the Superiors of Religious Institutes, Rectors of Seminaries and Directors of Universities, to protect minds, particularly of the youth, against the dangers of the works of Fr. Teilhard de Chardin and his associates.

Given at Rome, from the Palace of the Holy Office, on the 30th day of June, 1962.

Sebastian Masala, Notary

(L'Osservatore Romano, July 1, 1962, p.1)

www.traditioninaction.org
Jun 19th 2014 new
(quote) Carol-1007500 said: Agreed, but interesting to some is anxiety-provoking to others.

wink

Posts 1 - 10 of 174