Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Tony Gwynn Mr. Padre dies!

Jun 18th 2014 new
Longtime San Diego Padre passed away at 54 years !! Any thoughts on this man who was incredible and a man, player, human being, and just a true baseball professional! 19 seasons batting over 300, 15 all star games, and numerous awards throughout his career along with being nominated to the hall of fame in 2007! One of my favorite players of all time and he will be missed!!! In 19 years he struck out a total of 434 times?? Wow!

Tony Gwynn RIP!
Jun 18th 2014 new
(quote) George-80266 said: Longtime San Diego Padre passed away at 54 years !! Any thoughts on this man who was incredible and a man, player, human being, and just a true baseball professional! 19 seasons batting over 300, 15 all star games, and numerous awards throughout his career along with being nominated to the hall of fame in 2007! One of my favorite players of all time and he will be missed!!! In 19 years he struck out a total of 434 times?? Wow!

Tony Gwynn RIP!
Of note: Mr. Gwynn died of complications related to oral cancer caused by use of smokeless tobacco.

If you use this stuff -- STOP! The complications are extremely nasty. I knew a user who survived for a while -- with half of his face removed.

Jun 18th 2014 new
(quote) George-80266 said: Longtime San Diego Padre passed away at 54 years !! Any thoughts on this man who was incredible and a man, player, human being, and just a true baseball professional! 19 seasons batting over 300, 15 all star games, and numerous awards throughout his career along with being nominated to the hall of fame in 2007! One of my favorite players of all time and he will be missed!!! In 19 years he struck out a total of 434 times?? Wow!

Tony Gwynn RIP!
One of the good guys, deserves every award he ever got. Reminds me of our Rod Carew. ( I struck out 434 times in one game once!)
Jun 18th 2014 new
Always a favorite of mine. A real class act and role model !
Jun 18th 2014 new
(quote) Mike-1095643 said: Always a favorite of mine. A real class act and role model !
Yes it was so sad to hear he passed away! Smokeless Tobacco is what caused the cancer he said! He was a legend in San Diego and just a very caring family man and a great baseball player who loved the game of baseball!!
He played baseball the way it was meant to be played! Pay attention all the steroid users!!! duck

Posts 1 - 5 of 5